Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What is your heat loss from OWB?  (Read 6909 times)

tweeker21

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 200 CSS
  • If it's not broke tweak it a lil more.
    • View Profile
Re: What is your heat loss from OWB?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2016, 11:58:19 AM »

Well trying to measure temps with a heat gun is a flop it varies quite a bit from copper or pex.   When I tried measure pretty much show the input is equal to the output.  I'm assuming I will have to add gauges to figure out my problem. I do not have a mixing valve on my water heater so it couldn't be sending it back out.  And as far as my baseboard heat I have all hardwood floors with no carpet so that isn't sucking the heat out either.  As far as my different zones in the house my zone valve seized so I just put them on loop so they are all on one.  I have asked the dealer who sold it to me and he was clueless.  Also inquired with heating and cooling guys and everyone wants to stay away from OWB setups in my area.  And yes I did get all the Insul-Seal piping together properly which was very cumbersome hard to pull the pex pipe through when you have 45% angles in the line.  Also 180 Degree's is all the hotter a heatmor aquastat goes.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:10:23 PM by tweeker21 »
Husqvarna
Homemade splitter

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: What is your heat loss from OWB?
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2016, 03:50:55 PM »

Also inquired with heating and cooling guys and everyone wants to stay away from OWB setups in my area.  And yes I did get all the Insul-Seal piping together properly which was very cumbersome hard to pull the pex pipe through when you have 45% angles in the line.  Also 180 Degree's is all the hotter a heatmor aquastat goes.

What is your area to be exact? Seems kinda funny when their is thousands of satisfied customers all over the united states, canada and  Alaska that an OWB won’t work in “your area”.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana
Pages: 1 [2]