Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Leaker #2  (Read 13415 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Leaker #2
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 07:18:56 PM »

your right willie, i for one, HATE SHAVER.    the reason i hate shaver is that they end up giving the whole industry a bad name! 

often times people dont look real far into the different brands and then they hear all of the horror stories of shaver and it hurts the industry as a whole.

the craftsmanship looks like that of untrained monkeys and the customer service is apparently along those same lines! 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

gandgracing

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 01:22:59 PM »

I sent an email today saying they had 24 hrs. to get ahold of me or I was going to get assistance.  I said I wanted my money back from the stove and they could come get it.  That was about 6 hrs ago

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 03:53:18 PM »

I sent an email today saying they had 24 hrs. to get ahold of me or I was going to get assistance.  I said I wanted my money back from the stove and they could come get it.  That was about 6 hrs ago

don't hold your breath, and get in line
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

gandgracing

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 08:07:55 PM »

Well they finally got ahold of me. A different lady this time. They said this has never happened and they had a meeting today. She wanted me to send a stove water sample (which is empty) and a sample from the fill water.  I know I'm going to get stuck with another one.

gandgracing

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 07:17:56 PM »

Cold season is around the corner. Talked with them today and they said they are waiting for my sample results.  Stove sample was good so dont know whats to come from the house water.  I still assured her I was still just wanting my money back.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »

Cold season is around the corner. Talked with them today and they said they are waiting for my sample results.  Stove sample was good so dont know whats to come from the house water.  I still assured her I was still just wanting my money back.

There doing nothing but buying time and giving you the run around!  Time to put your gloves on! 
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

gandgracing

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 06:14:35 AM »

Yeah gonna see what they say about the water and I'm sure the fight will be on.

gandgracing

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 08:33:10 PM »

Well finally got some word today and they are building me another stove.  I told them it needed some issues fixed before I got it and they said they have taken care of those issues.... chimney adapter, insulation on bottom of stove and cold water lines need to run to the front of the unit.  He also said the vent comes out of the top and there is also a new style door that acually seals.  He mentioned that we will be working together with 2 different water sample places to make sure this doesn't happen again.

mikenc

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 09:29:39 AM »

Well it seems they are at least trying to make it right.  :thumbup: hope all goes well.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 05:31:37 PM »

Well finally got some word today and they are building me another stove.  I told them it needed some issues fixed before I got it and they said they have taken care of those issues.... chimney adapter, insulation on bottom of stove and cold water lines need to run to the front of the unit.  He also said the vent comes out of the top and there is also a new style door that acually seals.  He mentioned that we will be working together with 2 different water sample places to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Good luck buddy, I hope you actually check to see about some of those changes he said he would make! 

I wish you could just get your money back and start over, i hope we don't see the post "leaker #3"
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

gandgracing

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2011, 02:09:51 PM »

Well got told today that they are not going to cover it.  They said the water was borderline corrosive and thats not warrantied.  The thing is... is that dont have any paper work to show it.  Shaver said they sent my water sample to alternative heating and that guy said he sent it to a buddy who owed him a favor as he was doing for Shaver.  Something dont seem right.  I have a local Culligan place that are going to test my water but its just for hardness, ph and acidity.  Do I need a more in depth test?  I'm really at a loss at this point and dont know what to do.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 02:16:57 PM »

Did you have water treatment in it? If you did and they didn't require a water test then how can they void the warranty?

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 07:34:31 PM »

So long as you followed their warranty requirements I can't see how they could reject your claim. Sounds like its time to contact a good lawyer.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

gandgracing

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 06:00:03 AM »

I got my initial sample after I installed it last July. Came back good but they said to add half a gallon of the anti corrosion stuff which I have the receipt for. Midway thru the winter I used the self home sample test and all seemed good. 

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 10:34:56 AM »

typical warranty = 30 feet or 30 seconds what ever comes first

they can doctor your water sample any way they like and make any claim they like...they didnt even look at your water sample and they have no intention of helping you out. they are trying to make you as pi**ed of as they can in hope you will throw in the towel and move on. They will make you think there is no hope and suing is more costly than letting go. (is it, i have no idea)  good luck and keep the forum posted. this is a good site for information (good and bad) if a company does not stand behind the warranties they promise than they should be exposed and if they do stand behind them they should get acknowledeged for that as well.

perhpaps we should have an area in the forum for just  warrantie issues and if there were a complaint we could invite the dealer or the manufacturer to tell their side of the story as well? and if someone had a good experience with a warranty issue they could post that as well...kind of a  free plug for the manufacturer but hey..if they stand behind their product  it would be a good thing to know when you were looking to buy
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada
Pages: 1 [2] 3