Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Shaver auto dampers  (Read 26185 times)

lugnut

• View Profile
Shaver auto dampers
« on: November 11, 2011, 10:29:01 PM »

Trying to figure out how Shaver can charge $125.00 for their auto damper?  I received one that I "supposedly" ordered when I upgraded to a Shaver 250 from a 165.  This thing is a piece of garbage.  I swear they have NO quality control there at all. Just grab up some flat plate, cut out a circle or something that resembles a circle and then take the disc that is the cut out and weld a hinge onto it, but let's make sure that the hinge is not flat...so I have this auto damper that when the temperature is met, the flap is "supposed" to close and cut off ALL air to the furnace right?  Welp, not with this piece of crap.  There is at least a 1/16" gap around the entire hole in the plate...and it has little welding gobs on it.  the flap does NOT close down tight.   :bash:

So like I asked, where do they get off charging $125.00 for junk?  When I can go on the Alternative heating website and bought the solenoid and flapper for under $50.00!!!   >:(

Lugnut
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Shaver Pro series 250 - Installed 10/28/2011
Cub Cadet / Yanmar 2450  sub-compact tractor
Husquvarna 455 Rancher
1999 Ford F-150 4x4 w/207k miles

gandgracing

• View Profile
Re: Shaver auto dampers
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 07:33:16 AM »

Let me tell you I have been dealing with these idiots for 3 years now.  Crappy quality all the way around.  I just spent $700 to have my top and bottom water jacket replaced.

beeman

• OWF Brand: homemade
  • OWF Model: her name is HOT CHICK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 07:33:15 AM »

the flap that i made looks like crap but it does close i guss mine is closer to shaver then i thought >:D
work like a bee  1970 mgb stihl 029

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 08:09:13 AM »

I just don't see how there still in business.  Everything on them is that way, you go out and buy a furnace from them and immediately have to start working on it to make it work.  Doesn't sound like a good situation to me. 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

beeman

• OWF Brand: homemade
  • OWF Model: her name is HOT CHICK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 09:24:33 AM »

i cant say good or bad becouse mine is home made i did like there  desigh  so this is how i did mine hope to make some changes this summer like a water sight glass the hinge for the door like willeg          and the out side cabnet bigger to add more insulation
work like a bee  1970 mgb stihl 029

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 09:37:52 AM »

I have to say that I bought this furnace because of the price and the fact that I will be able to recoup the initial out lay of cash sooner than with some of the other units, but I have to say that I am getting more disappointed every time I have to deal with these folks.

I sent them an email with photos per their request last Friday.  I requested a confirmation letter  and received nothing...just did it again and got a note saying yep, we received it and that was it. 

I inquired what their next step would be as I NEED to get this furnace working properly and now while the weather is still nice...relatively speaking.  No response.  Their service AFTER the sale SUCKS!!!!

I feel after I make three improvements to this unit, it will operate proficiently, but it's just trying to make those improvements especially if one had to deal with them directly. 

I will tell you this upfront...Jimmy Reese no longer works at Shaver, I liked Jimmy because WHATEVER question I had, he would respond to me IMMEDIATELY or BY the next day!!  There's a new guy that took his place....well let me say it short and simple...Don needs to find another line of work.  They put this guy in Jimmy's old job slot and this frellow doesn't know SQUAT about the product.  Three times in a matter of 2 minutes he asked for my last name and how to spell it, after I told him the first time.  When I mentioned the piece of junk auto damper I received via UPS on Friday, he thought it was on my furnace that they had sent me and again, asked for my name.   :bash:

I do believe a letter to the HEAD honco in in order this week.  I agree, I have n idea how this company has stayed in business as long as it has.  I only hope that there are no problems with the water jacket down the road.

I should just take this damper to a friend of mine and have him fix it right, but I shouldn't have to do that for something I paid for.

More on this saga as it continues....

Lugnut
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Husquvarna 455 Rancher

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 07:06:02 PM »

Don't bother with the letter to the head man, there well aware and obviously couldn't care less.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 09:38:35 AM »

So, I sent an email to Mr. Don yesterday at Shaver asking the following: " Say with that auto damper y'all sent me, I never received any instructions with it as to how or where to connect it to."  His reply: "we don not send instructions out with our auto dampers."  Really???  So am I supposed to hang this damn thing on a Christmas tree? 

"First off this thing that they charge one $125.00 for looks as though it was fabricated by a beginning welder; next I had to take it to a friend's shop and have him "correct" the mess so that I could install it; and then I have no idea where it goes or how to wire it."

Yeah, I know my letter to the head guy will prolly be a waste of time, but I'll get this all off of my chest.  Who knows...maybe these worker bees have been snow balling Mr. Billy shaver as well.

Lugnut
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Husquvarna 455 Rancher

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 10:19:45 AM »

Can you post a picture of it?

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 11:06:48 AM »

Can you post a picture of it?

Wow, NOW you are asking a lot.  LOL!  I'll give it  whirl again...IF it does not take on here, I will send it directly to your email box.

Jerry
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Husquvarna 455 Rancher

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 11:34:41 AM »

PB160230 (Large).JPG
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Husquvarna 455 Rancher

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 11:37:05 AM »

PB160231 (Large).JPG

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Husquvarna 455 Rancher

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 04:33:56 PM »

Looks like that screws on the opening of your blower motor, covering the squirrel cage
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 07:34:03 PM »

Looks like that screws on the opening of your blower motor, covering the squirrel cage

Yep, you are correct sir, BUT.......I'm not touching it.  I was looking over my invoice from Shaver and a question popped up in my mind, so I took a stroll out to the furnace, opened the rear door and checked the CFM on the blower.  It read 50 CFMs...my option for the auto damper comes with a 75 CFM blower!!  So back in the house I go and pick up the phone to call "Don" at Shaver.  I asked him to look at my invoice and look down the list of items to where it reads auto damper with 75 CFM blower motor......I told him, my furnace came with a 50CFM blower on it.  So he said they would send the correct blower out ASAP....now we'll see.  They said the auto damper will come with it as well.....  ;-)  Hopefully it's better than the ne they sent me last Friday...this one I will send back to them.

Jerry
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Husquvarna 455 Rancher

gandgracing

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 08:01:42 PM »

My 165 I had first had the 50 cfm blower and my 250 has a 75 cfm fan