Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Shaver auto dampers  (Read 26189 times)

lugnut

• View Profile
Re: Shaver auto dampers
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 09:08:16 AM »

Lugnut, By this time next year you will be the Shaver go to man for anyone with questions about a Shaver.Good luck with your upgrades.
RW

HERE YOU ARE!!!!
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Shaver Pro series 250 - Installed 10/28/2011
Cub Cadet / Yanmar 2450  sub-compact tractor
Husquvarna 455 Rancher
1999 Ford F-150 4x4 w/207k miles

R W Ohio

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 09:40:28 AM »

Lugnut,
I sent you an email.
RW
R W Ohio
Canal Fulton,Oh.
Hawken Energy GH1000 Installed 8/10/06

mikenc

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 05:20:34 PM »

mikenc i realey  like it did you put it on or was it bought
Beeman It came with one but I made that one and put i t on myself. Had a friend that works in sheetmetal burn washer with plasma out of stainless, got gasket material local.

beeman

• OWF Brand: homemade
  • OWF Model: her name is HOT CHICK
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2011, 05:50:34 PM »

mikenc what kind of stat are you using and were is it at gary       lugnut how is the mods going         
work like a bee  1970 mgb stihl 029

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2011, 07:35:13 PM »

My 165 I had first had the 50 cfm blower and my 250 has a 75 cfm fan

I think maybe "some" of my issues deal with not having the correct cfm blower motor in my furnace, although I don't have the damper connected yet either. 

Lugnut
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Husquvarna 455 Rancher

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2011, 07:45:37 PM »

Here is the website:  www.altheatsupply.com  do a search on their site for "blower motors."  I think the least expensive I saw was $57.00 or so.

Ok so do I just need this http://www.altheatsupply.com/models-546-4400-fan-cover.html and this http://www.altheatsupply.com/laminated-solenoid.html then, or do I need more parts to get it running.

Thanks,
Andy

Andy,

I would really like to assist you further, but I'm a new kid on the block as well with these OWB.  You will however need the (from what I have learned via manufactures mistakes) the 75 CFM blower motor and laminated solenoid along with the flapper.  With my unit, it's guessing game I keep playing every damn time.  "Do I have to cover over the motor too much or not enough?"  So there I go trudging out to the furnace in the middle of the night in my muck yucks,  jammies and Carhart jacket with woolie hat....to check on the durn cover over the blower motor.  STOP LAUGHING!!!!   ;D  Darn good thing it's dark when I go out....I surely bet that I'm quite the sight.

One other item you will WANT to get unless you have one already is an Aquastat or Ranco T-stat.  I have no way other than using the junk t-stat that came with the 250.  With either of the other two t-stats, you can set the off and on temp for your furnace, also see what the water temperature is without having to sneak your wife's candy thermometer out of the kitchen and out to the OWB and stick it in he water to check the temps.   :thumbup:

Lugnut
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Husquvarna 455 Rancher

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2011, 07:57:40 PM »

mikenc what kind of stat are you using and were is it at gary       lugnut how is the mods going       

Beeman...I'm at a stand still presently.  I called Shaver this afternoon and about blew a gasket.  No one would answer their phones!  I went through  just about every extension there and then finally "Don" answered....he tried to connect me at least 6 times to either "Melba" or the head man MR.BILLY SHAVER....and their voice mail didn't kick in.  Finally I got Melba on the phone and she said, there was a screw up on their end...duh, no kidding y'all are plain screwed up.  Don said they would send it out ASAP and that was LAST Thursday...tomorrow it will be one week.  I finally got Don back on the phone and read him the riot act.  I told him in no uncertain terms that their customer service sucked!  and it does.  I asked him how he would feel if he were in my shoes....I send you folks emails and get no damn response; you have never followed up any of your sales with phone calls to the customers to see how they are liking their new Shaver?  Are you having any problems that you need assistance on?"  None of that happens...he told me that "yes, I we should treat ALL the customers just as we would want to be treated."  and I asked him, well why aren't you folks doing this?  NO answer.   :bash:  (this is my "favorite" non-smiley)

"Supposedly" they aqre overnight shipping that blower motor...I'll believe it when t shows up on my door step.

Sorry Beeman, didn't mean to get off on a tangent.....again with Shaver.  So to answer your question, the mods are going no where.  I will have to re-think the mounting of that auto damper though because the pex line runs pretty close to the blower motor.

Lugnut

Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Husquvarna 455 Rancher

beeman

• OWF Brand: homemade
  • OWF Model: her name is HOT CHICK
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2011, 07:37:40 AM »

have you seen the auto damper that powerstroke has in general discussion :thumbup:
work like a bee  1970 mgb stihl 029

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2011, 08:34:09 PM »

have you seen the auto damper that powerstroke has in general discussion :thumbup:

Yes I have, in fact I've been wanting to print it off and just did.  That's a slick deal, but a bit pricey for me, although had I come on this site BEFORE I fired up the Shaver, I would have had ALL this mods working by now and would be able to lend my hand and mind in assistance...but nooooooo...I'm sitting waiting on parts and then will hopefully get all hooked up/fabricated before the first snow storm.

I'm seriously considering tossing that chunk of steel that shaver mounted the solenoid on and ordering up a flap with rubber from altheating.com  Then I will have to come back and pick everyone's minds on the wiring of the auto damper/ Ranco/and blower motor. 

I'm trying something tonight to see what happens regarding the burning of my wood.  For some reason, unbeknownst to me....the t-stat is not shutting the blower motor off...oh wait, I take that back..the blower motor was NOT running this morning.  So I closed the slide cover all the way on the blower and went i the house and watched the Packers whoop up on the "kitty cats."  When I arrived home around 6pm I decided to turn the blower off altogether and just crack the ash door just a wee bit..."maybe" this will slow down the burning of the wood....I really need to get that auto damper  and need to get it hooked up.  This i feel is why I'm going through too much wood....because either the fan is running all the time or most of the time.

Well, that about does it for me...I do have smoke coming from out of the chimney of the furnace, so this is good and the pex  is hot and this is good...now, I just want to go out to the furnace in the morning and find wood still smoldering, yet hot and not spent wood and merely ashes.

Sheesh...my fingers just won't stop typing....."sorry."   

Lugnut
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Husquvarna 455 Rancher

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2011, 06:42:18 PM »

Here is a picture of lugnut's blower and damper setup.
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2011, 10:49:14 PM »

here is mine

Beeman mine has a rubber gasket on bottom to help make a good seal. Will try to post pic

Mike,

How about posting a photo for us little folks of how you have your solenoid attached to the rear wall...I presume, of the furnace.  I will be ordering up a more suitable flapper soon to take the place of the plate steel that I have on the Shaver unit.

Lugnut

Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Husquvarna 455 Rancher

sergeant721

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2012, 05:14:10 PM »

Hi lugnut
 can you send me the info and pictures of the auto damper you have and anyone elese have any pictures and planes

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2012, 10:48:34 AM »

Interesting sound this morning when I went out to add wood to the burner.  PRIOR to my opening the fire box door, I shut off the fan from the switch on the front outer right hand side of the furnace; when I do this I "always" hear the fall per door closing....this morning I did not hear the door closing, yet the fan was on...which meant the door flipped back  upon itself too far and remained open ALL night!   :bash: :bash:  I will take care of that little issue in a while by screwing in an "L" bracket just above the flap so that it can not go back any further.  There is the plastic hose on the chain, but apparently it is not long enough.  I REALLY need to get this damper thing turned 90 * this Spring.

Sergeant...look around here on the thread and you will find a photo or two of my damper...BUT do NOT mount it horizontal like I have it...mine is this way for a reason.  It SHOULD be mounted vertically!

Lugnut
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Husquvarna 455 Rancher

mikenc

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2012, 06:25:01 AM »

Hi lugnut
 can you send me the info and pictures of the auto damper you have and anyone elese have any pictures and planes

Solenoid is attached to a piece of flat bar welded to back of boiler right above fan. Flat bar bent on 90 deg at end to attach solenoid. Turn buckle used to attach so you have adjustment to set fan opening.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:44:04 AM by mikenc »

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012, 07:50:54 AM »

here is mine

Beeman mine has a rubber gasket on bottom to help make a good seal. Will try to post pic

Mike,

Can you post a photo or two of how and where you have the solenoid attached?  My blower as you know from previous posts/photos is mounted this way, but the solenoid is also mounted "horizontally" .  this coming Spring I want to change this around so it will work more efficiently...as there is no room below the supply line to mount vertically.

Lugnut
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Husquvarna 455 Rancher
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5