Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: burning Oak New dry oak issue  (Read 2030 times)

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
burning Oak New dry oak issue
« on: March 23, 2014, 02:14:49 AM »

My trench lines run about 125 feet to my house . pex with al  1 inch  in-cased in closed cell foam 4-6 inches per side covered on top with plastic 24 inchs in the ground all in 1998 . Now last 2 weeks of warmer weather snow has milted on top my trench  not all the way you can just see a dip it in the snow . Checking water temps I still only loosing the 1 degree like I always have . with the touch less IR meter gun ground temp and snow in whole area is the same there is no spot warmer on top the trench  even scraped snow back and checked ground temp all the same ground is even froozen on top the trench .why am I getting this  is it a frost issue . Meaning theres no frost under trench and ground is warmer .  ya bit confusing . stoves working great like it always has . hardy burning wood maybe 1 wheel barrow a day or less . sence its warmed up .  any Ideas

Heat550

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: burning Oak New dry oak issue
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 06:34:52 AM »

What you are experiencing is quite normal,  could you please follow Roxanns thread on heatmor and give her some guidance as it seems the two of you have the same stove and she is having a terrible time with support from the dealer and corporate.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.