Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: powder coat problems - 200SSRII  (Read 2098 times)

thompsbren

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 200sr II
    • View Profile
powder coat problems - 200SSRII
« on: September 02, 2015, 07:30:57 PM »

My stove was installed in December 2014 and this summer I noticed that the black powder coated parts (doors, roof, corners) were fading. Closer inspection revealed rust in the dimples of the textured powder coat. I contacted my dealer (green Valley heating in Granton, ON) who were excellent and let me know there was was brief issue with Heatmor's painting process. They ordered new parts and replaced almost every exterior piece under warranty. Just a heads u if you notice the same. Overall the stove is excellent - heats 1800 square feet, 600 square feet of garage, and domestic hot water on 11 face cord in a cold winter. The massive water jacket and big differential means some Re lighting but the efficiency is great.

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
Re: powder coat problems - 200SSRII
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 08:23:01 AM »

thanks for sharing. I just got a new 400 installed that was manufactured in May of 2015....i assume they fixed the issue by then but will keep and eye out

thompsbren

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 200sr II
    • View Profile
Re: powder coat problems - 200SSRII
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 07:17:06 PM »

The repair only took half a day and it was pretty impressive how easily the stove comes apart for service. I like the idea of spray foam insulation, but the bats make it easy to service. The ash auger tube, for example, comes off with a couple bolts only. It's not a high tech gasser, but it's still phase 2 and is easy to maintain.