Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Heatmor Owners....i need some guidance  (Read 3398 times)

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
Heatmor Owners....i need some guidance
« on: October 14, 2015, 02:56:29 AM »

So the new 400 dcss is up and running...so far so good except for one issue:

The aquastat is set at 165-180 (factory set)....when the aquastat shuts the stove down at 180, the temp gauge on the front is only readying 170ish. My line temp gauges are also confirming this. I have tried tweaking with it over and over and havent gotten anywhere really.
I took the probe for the aquastat and the temp gauge out and covered them with the conductive goop so hope to get better thermocoupling. that didnt change much either.....i did notice however if i keep the rear access panel door open, the temp gauge does ready almost 180 when it shuts down.
Could it be that there is too much heat in the rear access panel when the door is shut?? causing the aquastat to shut down early??? i want my temps to stay b/w 165-180, i dont want to run my boiler cold. we all know that is no good. i have tried tweaking with the aquastat differential and set point, but it ALWAYS seems to shut down early (according to the temp gauge on the front).
Has anyone tried putting a digital aquastat in??? like a ranco?

Maybe this will all take care of itself when the cold cold weather really hits????

Sorry for all the questions....just throwing everything out in hopes that someone may have experienced the same thing and can point me in the way of a solution!!!

THANKS,

DYLAN

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Heatmor Owners....i need some guidance
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 03:15:21 AM »

That is very interesting? Heatmor has a very good troubleshooting Guy in their office, I'm not sure he wants his name and contact info published so I'll PM it to you.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 03:32:05 AM »

my initial thought was maybe a hotspot???? but i know im getting good flow...everything else checks out...the delta at both buildings is perfect

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 01:39:58 AM »

I will just add my 2 cents in . My stoves in middle bunch of 100 year old oaks so my stove burns way different when its colder.
Its a lot hotter .  On paper your correct it should burn right to the numbers . But in real world your temp will be correct once you
have colder weather . Here I always went by coldest day to check temps thats with my old 200css. I even got point I was thinking its how the return water moves in the tank .  also My thinking water will always be hotter by the flu  and new 400 dcss its in back closer to the flu . temp gauge is in front . The older 200 css it was in front 2 feet from aqua stat it would swing about 2-5 degress +/-  But once I get mine fired up I will let you know what I get. :) getting closer . :thumbup:

Heat550

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 03:59:36 AM »

thanks heat.....i spoke with mike at heatmor yesterday and he said they had one commercial unit that was tripping the high limit shut off because it was reading the ambien temperature in the rear back panel. He said that is why they switched the style of high limit switch to the new one that we both have on our stoves....it reads the actual water temperature so there is no discrepancies. He gave me a few things to try and after messign with it for a while i got it more acurate. I just tweaked with the aquastat until my temp gauge on the front read 180 when it shut off....so my settings are 190 with a 5 degree diff (i switched out the stock honeywell with my old one from my last boiler so i could turn it up more).....this is giving me an actual reading of 167 on and 180 off....so far so good. I also ordered a digital aquastat to try out just for the hek of it. Mike also said when the real cold weather hits it should be fine. we shall see!!!!