Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: VERY PLEASED with the Purchase of my 400 so far!!!  (Read 2385 times)

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
VERY PLEASED with the Purchase of my 400 so far!!!
« on: January 06, 2016, 06:06:54 AM »

Just wanted to thank Heatmor for a solid working stove....despite having to change out the aquastat bc it didnt meet my temperature demands.....the unit is working flawless. The last week we have been down into single temps and this thing has been performing as i was told it would. It almost seems to perform better the colder it gets. 1000sqft Dog Kennel Facility with 10ft ceilings is kept at 72°, house at 72°, double stall garage at 65° and all the hot water my wife could as for. 12 hour burns are no problem. 8-12 splits morning and night and it is good to go. cleaning and general maintenance has been easy. Just wanted to share my experience with my new heatmor 400!!!!

hrc200x

• View Profile
Re: VERY PLEASED with the Purchase of my 400 so far!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 11:32:19 AM »

Love my stove too, only issue here was that the flapper would stick open or closed from burning too wet of wood, or having too much of a differential for warmer weather. I've noticed too that it seems to be more efficient when temps are under 30, doesn't make sense to me. What was your aquastat issue? Curious as my 4 thermometers never show above 160, yet its supposed to be a 180 degree aquastat in the stove (2 year old heatmor 200). 1 thermometer on the front of the boiler, one on supply line, one on return, and 1 on the indoor fuel oil boiler thats in different water than the OWB.

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 03:18:12 PM »

My boiler gauge on the front and all my line temp gauges read correctly....the mechanical aquastat is set for 180 with a 5° differential and its actual operating temps are 155-165...I can't get the water in the stove over 165 wih the factory aquastat...my line temps and boiler gauge have all confirmed correct temperature. So, I am installing a digital temperature controller instead....I had one hooked up already but the sensor went bad after 2 months (I believe it was just a faulty unit). With the digital temp controller hooked up if read temperatures almost correctly and the stove was running 170-185 like a gem.....I have had clean fans, flues and firebox running these temps...another week or so and I should have another digital controller hooked back up

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 01:38:40 AM »

Heatmors are caddy of outdoorstoves . bottom line :)  simple, everything works great no hassle maintenance.
Its the simplicity is the keey . to ODboilers .  And burning dam hot below 0f is the main selling point . But
like everything you can have heatmor with a poor install also . the installs make or brake the boiler .
Im now very happy with mine . needed to see how it acted below -10f . Heating monster :)  house 2 76f House 1 65f shop 50f garage 55f  all when its -17f outside  6600spft  12 hour burn also . and it will  do it day after day . what more could you want in a boiler .

Heat550