Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: NC 325G  (Read 8389 times)

rick n kristi

• View Profile
NC 325G
« on: December 03, 2010, 02:48:52 PM »

Hello,
New to the OWB, after heating with the indoor wood stove for 20 years I have just sprung for and installed a 2010 NC325G. Was wondering if anyone else beat me to this new model and had any info on their experience so far. I will be starting her up on 12-4-10.
Rick
Natures Comfort 325G
Still 038 magnum

rick n kristi

• View Profile
Re: NC 325G
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 10:20:32 AM »

Well, where up and running. unit started up with out issues. Has been heating the house with very little wood compaired to what I expected. Gassifacation is cool...I mean HOT!
Natures Comfort 325G
Still 038 magnum

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 11:17:07 AM »

glad to hear all went well and you are warm and happy. now get cutting!
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 04:40:16 PM »

the 325 is a big unit! what one earth are you heating?  how many sq feet?

The additional air pipe through the top pushes the efficiency on  up and makes for a cleaner burn for sure. 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

rick n kristi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 09:41:14 AM »

Yes it's big on purpose! Heating 3600 SQ FT not counting the basement. Got a few dampers open down there just to keep the floor warm, love to go bare foot. Will be adding a shop to the unit next year. I wanted updraft cause I burn low grade junk wood (some green) until it gets real cold and was told and found through research lower quality and green doesn’t burn good in a down draft. I thought the air supply on top was a gimmick but you can sure tell when she gets hot and goes gasification no smoke and the temp gauge rises quick! So far burning less wood than I expected. I’m going to be in the woods cleaning up some blow downs this weekend and will have some good red oak to toss in, we’ll see how that goes next week.
Natures Comfort 325G
Still 038 magnum

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 01:55:07 PM »

Yes it's big on purpose! Heating 3600 SQ FT not counting the basement. Got a few dampers open down there just to keep the floor warm, love to go bare foot. Will be adding a shop to the unit next year. I wanted updraft cause I burn low grade junk wood (some green) until it gets real cold and was told and found through research lower quality and green doesn’t burn good in a down draft. I thought the air supply on top was a gimmick but you can sure tell when she gets hot and goes gasification no smoke and the temp gauge rises quick! So far burning less wood than I expected. I’m going to be in the woods cleaning up some blow downs this weekend and will have some good red oak to toss in, we’ll see how that goes next week.

Yep, sounds like you made a great choice.  I've personally not had a 325G in yet.  I hear they are really impressive and work well. 

I'm getting ready to do a job where I really wish the customer went with the 325G but yet wanted to stick with the smaller 250.  He'll be heating 5900 sq ft, which is at the top of its limit, but in ky. It should do the job!

Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

rick n kristi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 05:03:12 AM »

"I'm getting ready to do a job where I really wish the customer went with the 325G but yet wanted to stick with the smaller 250.  "

He may want to reconsider? He'll make more trips to fill it and won’t get the gasification benefit. I am very surprised at the amount of wood I am going through (very little, 4 TO 5 24" x30" oak rounds per day, split 4 ways. Fill once in the morning before I leave for work and once at night when I get home. Mid teens at night and mid 20s during the day!)! Also with the 325 capacity the boiler can stand several cycles of the furnace with out kicking on the boiler blower.
Natures Comfort 325G
Still 038 magnum

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 12:02:42 PM »

"I'm getting ready to do a job where I really wish the customer went with the 325G but yet wanted to stick with the smaller 250.  "

He may want to reconsider? He'll make more trips to fill it and won’t get the gasification benefit. I am very surprised at the amount of wood I am going through (very little, 4 TO 5 24" x30" oak rounds per day, split 4 ways. Fill once in the morning before I leave for work and once at night when I get home. Mid teens at night and mid 20s during the day!)! Also with the 325 capacity the boiler can stand several cycles of the furnace with out kicking on the boiler blower.

I'm pretty sure it will still work on a 12 hour schedule.  Temps here the past few days have been single digits at night and 18-21 during the day, it's a heat wave today and we're up to 25. haha

He has access to plenty of top quality firewood!  If he  burns good seasoned oak, hickory, etc.  He'll be good. 

I have my 175 heating 2200 sq ft and water, and last  night it was 6 degrees and I still had wood in the firebox this morning.
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

rick n kristi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 02:54:07 PM »

"I'm pretty sure it will still work on a 12 hour schedule."

I'm sure it will! I will be up and running for a week Saturday, I think I will load up one night this weekend and see how long I can go with out recharging the wood. I have a lot of wood left after 12 hours, maybe 2/3s of a load. I think I may be able to go 36 hours before it cant keep up with demand at the current temps.
Natures Comfort 325G
Still 038 magnum

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 03:40:17 PM »

Just had a customer come in and buy a 325G.   He said he really had no idea what he was going to heat with it, only that he wanted one lol 

How is your's peforming? 

Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

rick n kristi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 03:43:58 PM »

Ours is doing great, still burning a wood coal mix with 36 hour reload times over Christmas holidays. We were running the house at 72 on the perimeter rooms, makes it about 75 in the center of the house. We have been in this house for 8 years and have never been more comfortable. Crap wood and a shovel of coal is heating our house for a day and a half, bye bye electric bill ;D
Natures Comfort 325G
Still 038 magnum