Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fill/ flush/ switch to molly?  (Read 164 times)

Hunt4heat

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central boiler
  • OWF Model: 1450 edge classic
    • View Profile
Fill/ flush/ switch to molly?
« on: March 11, 2024, 09:21:28 AM »

What is procedure to clear out old water/inhibitor mixture to start fresh with new molly inhibitor and clean water after running old inhibitor for 8 years in cb1450 e classic?( I'm assuming I need to drain at outdoor bottom left valve b/c it's the lowest point in system but how can I flush all old water/junk out?)

bjp

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 750 Titanium HD
    • View Profile
Re: Fill/ flush/ switch to molly?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 10:05:14 AM »

From the support site:

MolyArmor 350 can be added to a system currently treated with 1650XL (or 1650XL and MolyBoost) without draining and flushing as long as the system has been maintained with adequate nitrite levels to prevent corrosion. If adding MolyArmor 350 to the system with nitrite, it is important to use the full treatment amount of the MolyArmor 350 (see table) to achieve 350 ppm of moly. After the system is fully treated to 350 ppm using MolyArmor 350, there is no need to continue monitoring the nitrite level. Instead, the moly and pH levels can be monitored with test strips to maintain the 350ppm moly and pH 8.0 to 9.5.

I would drain a little out to check for sludge but if you have kept nitrite at proper levels, skip the drain/flush and just add Moly 350 to what you already have.
7.5kW solar panels, grid tied
Weil-McLain WGO-4 oil boiler
DR Trimmer brush hog / mower deck / chipper / snowthrower