Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Economic collapse/national disaster plans  (Read 11517 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Economic collapse/national disaster plans
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2011, 09:42:34 AM »

Hey bee man, a project you can do and likely afford is a breezy 5.5 wind turbine.  Most all of it is off the shelf stuff and they work great.  Just google breezy 5.5, also videos on youtube
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »

no photos today boys..rained all day and no sun so panels never stood up to an angle that would make a picture.

maybe tomorrow

home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2011, 06:01:20 PM »

Scott, wouldn't that be .24 per kWh?

Also, willieG, I would seem to think that there would be a switch that would be available to kill power to the grid in the event of power outage, allowing you to have backup power without toasting the linemen.  Thats how my transfer switch works for my backup generator.  I envy your solar grid!

Michael
i would have to get a transfer switch  of some sort installed between my grid home meter and the grid.  the way this thing is hooked up is my solar goes to "outbound meter" and feeds directly into the lines at the exact location of my "inbound meter"  i would have to have some sort of switch that when set to feed teh house only from the solar that the grid would be disconnected..and not be able to be tampered with to cheat my provider.

home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2011, 06:41:54 PM »

You need to grid for the inverters to put anything out. You might be able to use an inverter or generator to get them going but they usually get fried if connecting power to the output of them.

If something happened like this post is about it would be worth a try. Just go out and cut the wires at the transformer before the meters and feed power in there. It should route through the meters and into your house.

beeman

• OWF Brand: homemade
  • OWF Model: her name is HOT CHICK
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2011, 07:30:24 PM »

you would still have to fool the board that there is still power
work like a bee  1970 mgb stihl 029

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2011, 07:45:29 PM »

i thnk that could be bypassed or provided with a battery bank (i would want one of these to power the needed things at night anyeay)
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

MTJAG

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CL5036
  • CB 5036, Husky 450, Montana 2740 4WD,100% off grid
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2011, 08:42:34 PM »

All,
I started two years ago to be as self sufficient as I can for my family.  We are now completely off-grid (PV with battery backup) and we also have a propane generator as secondary backup.  Our heat and DHW is OWB with propane backup.  We've built a passive solar greenhouse this year with the goal of growing most of our food.  We've co opted with a farmer here for fresh eggs, milk, beef and pork. We have bought several weeks of 25year food stores. I too am vested in precious metals (ammo/guns) along with silver.

About three weeks ago, we have a tremendous wind storm that left our entire valley without power for a full five days, knocking down 83 utitility poles and damaging the local power station.  Thankfully, we had power when virtually no one else in the valley had power or water as most have wells in this area.  This all with below freezing temperatures were present. 

This country is heading for an implosion economically and spiritually.  We can certainly find the culprits to blame, but that doesn't protect your family.   We have to live sustainable lives, something no one in this country as done for forty or more years.  Someone in this post talked about their grandparents and knowing how to live off the land.  That is part of the solution. 

My grandfather lost all of his wealth in the great depression by leaving his money in the bank, which the government told him was safe, much like what you hear on advertisement today with Susie Orman.  Make no mistake about, this concept of a new world order will disinfranchise the US, destroy our soverignty as a nation, and put us in bondage to the money changers, i.e., the FED, IMF, etc.  They are changing money from our hands to theirs on a grand scale by derivitives, bond fraud, and currency devaluation.  Long story short, we are being attacked on every front.  We are being poisoned by the perservatives in food we eat, regulated by the FDA on healthy food we can no longer legally buy,  then finished off by the pharmaceutical companies in their quest for total domination of health care.  Our government is using our military and influence in the world to over throw sovereign nations leading to more of those nations to fall into the hands of Islamic extremist.  We are no longer the peacekeepers, but the aggressors. 

I know I am rambling, so I will stop.  Let's quit depending on the government to provide stability for our families and take ownership of that responsibility ourselves as it should be.  We may not be 100% ready for any eventuality, but we will know what to do to lessen the impact of events beyond our control.
"a man is no fool to give up what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose"

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011, 09:56:55 PM »

:post:
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2011, 03:11:38 PM »

here are some links to photos of my solar panels

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/billie_boy7/085.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/billie_boy7/088.jpg     close up of one panel 5 feet wide 42 inches high

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/billie_boy7/089.jpg      you can see the wind meter on teh little pole in this photo
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

mcarter

• OWF Brand: HeatMasterSS
  • OWF Model: MF5000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2011, 07:32:49 PM »

If you see a truck flying down the road with what appears to be an oversized spoiler, its just me 'borrowing' one of willieg's panels!

Seriously though, I assume those are insured in some way?  I mean besides the trusty shotgun, does your homeowners cover those panels or what?

Michael
HeatMasterSS MF5000E by Yoder Heating
MS 460 Stihl Magnum
Husqvarna 345
8lb Wood Splitter with 'High Performance' Fiberglass Handle
5 acres

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2011, 07:42:50 PM »

seperate policy between 4 and 5 hundred per year
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

MTJAG

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CL5036
  • CB 5036, Husky 450, Montana 2740 4WD,100% off grid
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2011, 07:47:37 PM »

MTJAG, you set an example we should all work to follow. ramble anytime.

Hey thanks much.  It seems that most people here with OWBs are moving in the right direction.  We just have to challenge the status quo and the mind set that big government will protect us and can be trusted to have our best interest in mind.
"a man is no fool to give up what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose"

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2011, 08:06:01 PM »

MTJAG, you set an example we should all work to follow. ramble anytime.

Hey thanks much.  It seems that most people here with OWBs are moving in the right direction.  We just have to challenge the status quo and the mind set that big government will protect us and can be trusted to have our best interest in mind.

How far are you from the Denver airport?
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

rosewood

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2011, 09:11:25 PM »

WILLIE,what are you worried about?the obahma train dont run up there!

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2011, 09:14:23 PM »

Very nice looking setup Willie
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4