Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Well I should be welding on my furnace, but instead I need to build a gate.  (Read 8354 times)

Rscott

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Well I should be welding on my furnace, but instead I need to build a gate.
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 08:39:28 PM »

We haven't been there without carrying. I promise I won't get shot, again, wife carry a 38 special and I carry a .40   

Also the daughter brings our heeler (that I'm pretty sure is mixed. With satan lol)   the signs are going up this weekend, the cameras are ordered and the "gate" is welded. And I promise you that gate isn't gonna give !

I think we'll make it known that the Tom foolery  is over on this land.  And if I gotta I'll start dropping big trees across the road. I will not deal with the dumb stuff very long. 

Rscott

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

Ok, anyone want to hear some  total bs?

Heck I'll tell you anyway.

County, state, and dnr all gave the ok to put the gate up on our property. We set it 150' in with a trail cam behind.

Go down today after a 1 hour tractor drive to find the gate Mia.

Wtf! Signs reflectors and all. Gone.

Apperently it wasn't safe. Is what we were told by the county sherrif. But not not safe to who is my question? ! Oh I'm sorry I boned trespassing meth heads! 

I'm not happy. Kinda sucks we had so many trees  fall across the drive today. Was a bit breezy.

CRJR

• View Profile

Wow keep us posted

Shrek1112

• OWF Brand: Hawken Energy
  • OWF Model: HE-2100
    • View Profile

That's amazing that they would actually take the gate off of your property. Sounds like unlawful search and seizure. Did they have a warrant?
Mid- Michigan (Spartan Country)
Stihl MS-250
Stihl MS-391
Huskee 35 Ton
Chevy 1500 Crew
13 & 15 year old work force

Rscott

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

Wife's headed down to the highway dept tomorrow. And the building commission. Also the state police post and county police. We'll get it figured out.

I'm not sure how someone trespassing has the right to complain about what I'm doing on my property. But we'll figure it out.

I'm still surprised how many big trees are down across the drive since yesterday. Must be beavers  ;)

Shrek1112

• OWF Brand: Hawken Energy
  • OWF Model: HE-2100
    • View Profile

Gotta love those beavers with steel teeth!!
Mid- Michigan (Spartan Country)
Stihl MS-250
Stihl MS-391
Huskee 35 Ton
Chevy 1500 Crew
13 & 15 year old work force

Rscott

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

Ok. Apparently the gate was not safe if someone was to hit it.  :\ that's kinda the point of  a gate isn't it?  To prevent  access.

We'll we got everything back, but have to put up a more conventional gate. All the involved departments are fine with us closing it off. But it needs to be a more "friendly" gate. Heck the highway dept even offered to send guys out to help put it up.

Apperently this is all results of a nagging neighbor. And I think I know which one. What's super handy is survey says we own their front yard all the way to the front of the house. If we keep having problems,  I might have to bring that up.

aries9245

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Cl6048
    • View Profile

Wow that's unbelievable ... Someone needs to get a ass beaten
Joe
Dodge 5500 dump
Ford f450 dump
Cat 303cr excavator
Cat 246 skid steer
Kubota l4610 tractor
2 sthil farm boss saws
Homemade 4way splitter w/log lift ( the terminator)

Big Wood

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler Heatsource 1
  • OWF Model: E-2300 Model 2000
    • View Profile

A safe gate up here in Maine we put BFRocks set them with a big excavator best of luck
Outdoor wood boiler repair and help

kommandokenny

• OWF Brand: woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
  • smokem if ya gottem NEAR NORTH ONTARIO
    • View Profile

What's super handy is survey says we own their front yard all the way to the front of the house.

Put your boiler,,, in the rats front yard  >:D

you own it up to the porch :thumbup:

kk
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 04:19:52 PM by kommandokenny »
PARRY SOUND ONTARIO
2012 RAPTOR
NORTON COMMANDO
H.D. ROAD KING
Sthil 026,038
Echo CS 310 [grandaughters]
SWISHER 22 TON
CANAM 850 tracked
GREAT DANE X 3

MerrellRoofing

• OWF Brand: P&M
  • OWF Model: BL 34-44
    • View Profile

You might wanna figure that property line issue out. My dad lost a couple acres over something like that. The place where he grew up in Tennessee. He chased old surveys down but the new surveyors couldn't find the old landmarks. BIG dispute and didn't go in our favor.
Mid-Michigan
Husqvarna-51-261-372xpg-395xp
Dirty Hand Tools 27 ton 25" splitter
Bri-Mar 6x10 Highside dump trailer
Chevy Dually Dumpx2

Wood Nutt

• OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 250 Pro, Stihl 660, 290, 210, 031AV, Efco 3500
    • View Profile

Google "Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices" or MUTCD.  If you put "crashworthy" road closed signs/barricades far enough ahead of your gate, then mark the gate with solid red reflective diamonds that should satisfy any reputable county or state highway/road dept.  That manual will show you how to close the road using the gate you built.  The distance between the crashworthy barricade and the gate is based on either assumed or posted speed limit on the road and possibly how straight or curvy the approach road between them is. 
What this country needs is less dirty minds and more dirty fingernails!

Rscott

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

Thanks guys. Looking into all your suggestions.

Tomorrow we are putting up a traditional farm gate, much to my dismay,  but anything is better then nothing.

County highway did bring out barricade to close it off this week. Which is cool of them. But today we found more meth stuff. I think this is gonna get ugly before it gets better. This will be the 5th time we've found meth making material on the property.

aries9245

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Cl6048
    • View Profile

Thanks guys. Looking into all your suggestions.

Tomorrow we are putting up a traditional farm gate, much to my dismay,  but anything is better then nothing.

County highway did bring out barricade to close it off this week. Which is cool of them. But today we found more meth stuff. I think this is gonna get ugly before it gets better. This will be the 5th time we've found meth making material on the property.

Meth? Holy crap batman were are u located is that common in your area..
Joe
Dodge 5500 dump
Ford f450 dump
Cat 303cr excavator
Cat 246 skid steer
Kubota l4610 tractor
2 sthil farm boss saws
Homemade 4way splitter w/log lift ( the terminator)

Rscott

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

Starke county indiana,  pretty much the meth capital of the world, the way I gather it.

Since they took down my "gate" we found 4 more meth related items. In different levels of snow. Wow. I'm glad we're are worried about protecting them.

We have this problem somewhat on my own behalf, it's been raw land since baby jesus made it (that's just an old reference,  not religious.) And we knew coming in that everyone used it.

But now that it's owned and being cleared the traffic is falling off fast. And several plate #'s are already reported.

Then damn trees won't quit falling across the road lol.

I'm all for the challenge and it'll be worth it in the end. I been shot twice and am still falling trees and breaking  colts. Someonewho wants to use my land for fun? Yeah, they'll learn.

I don't want to come off as a hard ass, but I won't let this dream end without a fight 

Pages: 1 [2] 3