Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: First real test g200  (Read 2173 times)

mf40diesel

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
First real test g200
« on: December 17, 2016, 05:58:13 AM »

As many places have, got our first real test the last couple days with our new G-200. It was -12 the other morning, and the wind was howling up here on our hill. The boiler performed wonderfully, way less wood burned than my buddies' competitor boilers.

Totally thrilled with it. Although with the temps and the wind, priority this summer is to build a nice wood shed with a wind break!

mf40diesel

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: First real test g200
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 05:59:27 AM »

By the way,  one more time(at least)  thanks again Slimjim and Mikey B!

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 06:56:51 AM »

What a wonderful way to make a living, we make friends, a living, create a service with real value and promote the idea of burning wood for heat, believe me when I say, the pleasure has been a two way street!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mf40diesel

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 04:53:39 AM »

Nice, thanks you. I'll tell you what, she's not afraid of the wood when it's minus temps out. Some mornings I'm surprised to see how much wood is left, others it's the other way around.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 05:02:40 AM »

It's all about learning what the load will require, I think it was minus 7 f  and almost as windy as your place here in St Johnsbury last night, the Magic Bus burned over a 1/4 tank of fuel idling at 1500 rpm to keep us warm and comfortable.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 06:30:23 AM »

I'm sure you are still figuring out what temps need what amount of wood. Everyone has a different heat load but I loaded last night around 530 pm.  Weather said it was going to be -2 with no wind. So I loaded it just under halfway up the door(about 12 splits). When the kiddo got up at 430 am the temp outside was -8. I went out around 6am to check and I had about 4 pieces left and a big coal bed. I would have put in 6-8 splits if the lows were going to be in the 10 degree range and will go easily 14+ hours before I get out and load it. Everyone is different and everyone keeps their house at different temps. Me 65 at night and 70 during the day heating 2800 sqft of 220 year old house.

FrozenMongrel

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: G200
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 11:35:34 AM »

Its been brutally cold here and I'm loving how well the g200 is heating my place. Mostly still burning a mixture of dry pine and hardwood, on the few days it was below 0 and windy I put only hardwood in and have gotten 12+ hour burns consistently with only loading it a bit over halfway up the door. I just ordered a heat exchanger for the miller furnace going in my barn, so we'll see how that effects wood usage. I'm going to Insulate the furnace itself really well so there should be too much heat loss when I'm not working in the barn.