Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pump Install Question  (Read 1543 times)

idahohay

Pump Install Question
« on: March 28, 2014, 06:25:02 PM »

i posted a diagram referring to my primary/secondary install I've been planning.

Most comments were it looked good but it wouldn't fit as drawn in my under stairway pump room.  i rearranged things some and ame up with something that might fit and it includes some mixing valves laid out like in the diagram. 

My question is how close to a mixing valve can the pump be?  There would be isolation valve, a Cxmale thread adapter at the isolation valve then as close to the mixed port  as I could get. ( in 1" copper)  The pump would be a 15-58.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Pump Install Question
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 05:19:42 AM »

Looks great Idaho, perhaps you could put bull nose tees on the heat exchangers with boiler drains for easy cleaning in the future, I have never dealt with a problem on spacing between the mixing valve and circulator, does the mixing valve say anything on the install instructions?
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

idahohay

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 07:00:01 AM »

Nothing in the mixing valve (Honeywell AM-1 series "R Model" information on distances. My concern was noise/turbulence in the pump.  I've only dry fit some components on the bench and some of the set distances like a pump with flanges, 8 diameters  of pipe before the closely spaced T's, and my layout got too big for the space. Thats why keeping the pump close to the mixed outlet of the mixing valve helps me out. 

idahohay

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 12:52:32 PM »

Saw some Caleffi diagrams showing 12 pipe diameters of straight pipe minimum before a circulator and was wondering if this is a good practice.

LittleJohn

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 2400
  • Lonsdale, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 07:06:26 AM »

I don't think the pump cares/notices; I know if you plan on putting an Air Scoop, Hydrualic Seperator or Microbubbler - they require a minimum straight length of pipe going into and out of the unit.