Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Out of no where  (Read 2088 times)

ijon

• OWF Brand: Portage and main
  • OWF Model: 28-40
    • View Profile
Out of no where
« on: January 05, 2016, 03:44:48 AM »

I was helping my neighbors twin grand daughters put the bridle on one my Saddle bred geldings. He had some fungus in his ears and had always been sensitive with them. I always turn his head to the side to put on the bridle he lifted up and at the same time stepping forward got me off my feet and to the ground. I knew when I hit the ground I had really hurt myself this time! There was a small rock in the frozen ground and I hit it with dead center accuracy :bash:It had broken my femur bone just below the ball and socket. This has been by far the most painful things I have done in my life. I am thankful I didn't damage the ball & socket.
Happy New year.
installed in 2014

Smokeless

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster ss.
  • OWF Model: G-100, 200,400
    • View Profile
    • PCWoodBoilerSystems
Re: Out of no where
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 05:37:11 AM »

I hope for speedy recovery for you. Did they use pins ? Or just set it.
Two years ago I had my inguinal hernia fixed. Was asking dr for two years before that, what that pAin is in my left side.  But nothing like a broken bone pain. Best wishes.
Signature:
JD 401-c /Honda300atv/CAT 922-B/twofarmallCubs/2135 diesel Massey/8 chain saws/JMSloader/ 2017 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD
HeatMaster/Logstor  dealer for North east area NY VT NH MASS. Sales, installations, troubleshooting of hydronic systems and gasification issues.  Saratoga co, NY

fireman69lfd

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 06:19:12 AM »

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you, and that your mental status stays good. I had a Fuel Truck accident 10 years ago and have had 5 neck surgeries and still not out of pain. Wishing you the best.
Russ
Near Okemo Mtn. Ski area Vermont

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 06:49:16 AM »

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you, and that your mental status stays good. I had a Fuel Truck accident 10 years ago and have had 5 neck surgeries and still not out of pain. Wishing you the best.

Ouch, I got lucky there, after getting rear ended, physical therapy for the most part has taken enough of the pain away that surgery won’t be required. Wouldn’t let em anyways as both an orthopedist and a neurosurgeon was taking about fusing vertebrae.

ijon, I know it doesn’t seem like it, but it could be worse, my uncle fell last year and literally broke his ass. Landed right on his tailbone in such a way to break it. Can’t be set, just had to live with it till it healed.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:45:00 AM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

ijon

• OWF Brand: Portage and main
  • OWF Model: 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 05:36:28 AM »

I was helping my neighbors twin grand daughters put the bridle on one my Saddle bred geldings. He had some fungus in his ears and had always been sensitive with them. I always turn his head to the side to put on the bridle he lifted up and at the same time stepping forward got me off my feet and to the ground. I knew when I hit the ground I had really hurt myself this time! There was a small rock in the frozen ground and I hit it with dead center accuracy :bash:It had broken my femur bone just below the ball and socket. This has been by far the most painful things I have done in my life. I am thankful I didn't damage the ball & socket.
Happy New year.
zI have three incisions.
installed in 2014