Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: A simple tip to make gas engines always start  (Read 2100 times)

shorman

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
A simple tip to make gas engines always start
« on: November 27, 2013, 09:53:30 AM »

Doesn't that just tick you off when you want to split wood or cut grass and your engine won't start.I;m a retired small engine mechanic and I know how to eliminate most no start problems after 20 years of repairing other people's problems.I have been using a new fuel preservative called "Star-Brite".It is the best I've ever used but how I use it makes the difference.I buy two five gallon cans of regular grade gasoline and put one ounce of Star-Brite in each can.Each gas can has a tag on which I put the date I filled the can and I note the 1 ounce of stabilizer I put in the can.No matter what I put gas in,it always has stabilizer in it and I know I'm not going to have old fuel problems.Old fuel was the cause of about 75% of all my engine problems from my customers at my repair shop.Another potential problem is an emergency generator.My generator is 15 years old and starts in one to three pulls---every time.The tank has a tag on it where I note the day I bought the gas for it and put the Star-Brite in it.I also start it every month and run it under load for an hour.When the gas is 1year old,I pour the contents of the tank into my mower or any engine that will use it within a week or so and refill the can with fresh gas and Star-Brite.This is the surest way I know to end old gas problems.Relying on memory does not get the job done.If you can't find Star-Brite locally,check with Stens.com in Indiana.------shorman