Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: am i the only one?  (Read 4088 times)

CRJR

• View Profile
am i the only one?
« on: March 31, 2015, 10:22:41 AM »

Me and my wife met with our tax lady last night, this was our first year with a child to claim we got done and were given the refund amount from federal and how much we needed to pay the state of Michigan it felt like a kick in the nuts. My wife works full time, I work full time, and I am a subcontractor for snow removal. At my full time job I paid $26,000 between daycare, taxes ,and healthcare last year for the three of us. Why does it feel like the harder I work to make money and save money the more gets taken away. Am I the only one that feels like that I would sometimes be better off making less money and living off the government tit

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: am i the only one?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 01:21:40 PM »

At my full time job I paid $26,000 between daycare, taxes ,and healthcare last year for the three of us. Why does it feel like the harder I work to make money and save money the more gets taken away. Am I the only one that feels like that I would sometimes be better off making less money and living off the government tit

That's because all those entitlement programs used to buy votes ain't cheap. Then not to mention all those undocumented democrats who didn't pay any federal taxes still might be eligible to get money back.

A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.

Alexander Fraser Tytler
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

atvalaska

• OWF Brand: aqua-therm
  • OWF Model: coal one 275
  • 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 02:19:01 PM »

u could just die  :o ...then vote even more ...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 02:27:58 PM by atvalaska »

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 02:21:49 PM »

u could just die  :o ...then vote even more ...like a good demoncrat >:D

:post:  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

atvalaska

• 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 02:41:14 PM »

or divorce >>  "A new chart put together by Gary Alexander, Pennsylvania’s Secretary of State, shows that Julia, as a single mom with two kids in daycare, would be better off remaining in her $29,000 per year job than she would be in a $69,000 per year job because of the benefits she would obtain from the government. In the lower paying job, Julia would net $57,327 after she received her government benefits, while in the higher paying job, she would net $57,045.
 http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/13/Under-Obama-Julia-Should-Go-On-Welfare  ""    or this gem >>    https://youtu.be/F5xaZB8AgAQ     the 1st one is a play on "obummers ad in 2012".. the dems ad from 2012 plays rite after the 1st one!

atvalaska

• 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 10:49:39 PM »

my bad ...facts ten to shut things down......other than Hillary... :P

hockeyguy

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: eclassic e2300
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 05:29:48 PM »

Love these posts! I'm sure all you self employed people out there can feel my pain when it comes to quarterly tax payments. :'(
I've heard it said that if everybody had to pay quarterly, there would be a tax revolt. >:(
That's why they hit you up for a little bit every week.
Ducati Multistrada
Polaris Sportsman 500
Central N.H.

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 06:37:35 PM »

Yeah this yr taxes sucked...Couldn't even make the standard deduction of $12,400 (Which went up from last yr..and goes up every yr)..Because of that I couldn't itemize anything..Luckily New Hampshire doesn't have a income tax..I know what your saying CRJR.. Its frustrating..Eps the ones that don't work and get everything..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

racnruss

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort gt-220 sold P&M Optimizer 250 sold now Heatmaster 10000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 08:41:52 PM »

Earned income tax credit

ever hear of that one?  I've heard of people getting $3k tax "refund" and they didn't even pay taxes in.

just keep your head down and pull the plow. :bash:

Tree service Owner/Operator since 1997.  Central Iowa.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 02:59:49 AM »

Another option might be to copy Ruby Ridge, oh wait that didn't work out so well did it! Perhaps that wasn't such a great idea after all!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 07:52:51 AM »

Love these posts! I'm sure all you self employed people out there can feel my pain when it comes to quarterly tax payments. :'(
I've heard it said that if everybody had to pay quarterly, there would be a tax revolt. >:(
That's why they hit you up for a little bit every week.

Ever notice that election day and tax day are over six months apart?

Have taxes due the day before the elections and things would change rather quickly.

Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 08:13:12 AM »

"We are worried about 'the cow' when it is all about the 'Ice Cream. 'The most eye-opening civics lesson I ever had was while teaching 3rd grade. The last Presidential election was heating up and some of the children showed an interest.  I decided we would have an election for a class president.  We would choose our nominees.  They would make a campaign speech and the class would vote.  To simplify the process, candidates were nominated by other class members.  We discussed what kinds of characteristics these students should have.  We got many nominations and from those, Jamie and Olivia were picked to run for the top spot.  The class had done a great job in their selections.  Both candidates were good kids.
I thought Jamie might have an advantage because he got lots of parental support.  I had never seen Olivia's mother.

The day arrived when they were to make their speeches and Jamie went first.  He had specific ideas about how to make our class a better place.  He ended by promising to do his very best.  Everyone applauded and he sat down.

Now is was Olivia's turn to speak.  Her speech was concise.  She said, "If you will vote for me, I will give you ice cream."  She sat down.

The class went wild. "Yes! Yes! We want ice cream."  She surely would say more.  She did not have to.

A discussion followed.  How did she plan to pay for the ice cream?  She wasn't sure.  But no one pursued that question.  They took her at her word.  Would her parents buy it or would the class pay for it...She didn't know.

The class really didn't care.  All they were thinking about was ice cream...Jamie was forgotten.  Olivia won by a landslide.

Every time Barack Obama opened his mouth he offered ice cream and 51.4 % of the people reacted like nine year olds.  They want ice cream.

The other 48.6% percent know they're going to have to feed the cow and clean up the mess."  This is the ice cream Obama promised us!

Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else.  Did you vote for the ice cream?

THAT, MY FRIEND, IS HOW OBAMA GOT ELECTED, BY THOSE WHO WANT EVERYTHING FOR FREE!
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 08:19:03 AM »

:post: and that is the way it is folks!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

atvalaska

• 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 09:46:07 AM »

check out these head lines for TODAY > IRS Budget Cuts Decreases Tax Audit For The Wealthy And Increases Audits On Low-to-Mid Income Families.......and this fing winner> DOJ: No contempt charges for former IRS official Lois Lerner.....   add in  "lizard boy" who's running the irs >Abolish the IRS? Defiant Agency Chief Tells Congress to Shove It
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:47:51 AM by atvalaska »

CRJR

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 10:25:03 AM »

Don't worry I did not vote for ice cream