Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: A GREAT DAY....not  (Read 4361 times)

Bill G

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Opt. 250
    • View Profile
A GREAT DAY....not
« on: May 26, 2011, 08:24:38 PM »

Hey Guys,

Logger buddy calls and says delivery for me around 10am.  Near 3pm, he calls and says, "skidder broke down, not sure what's up w/it".
Fairly new, and thinks computer problem.  Find out more on Tuesday.  Will get load out as soon as possible.
     OK, I'll put off long wkend of cut/split detail...

Next, Dealer of my new boiler calls and says, "boom truck broke!"  Be in touch next week for delivery.
     OK, would have looked good sitting on my new pad, so no admiring my new "toy" this week...

The real kicker,  Lift broke at service station, and my new truck fell, front first and slid into wall!!!!  5 ft drop.  Looked mostly cosmetic, at first, BUT, further look shows, bent front axel, bent frame, etc...
     OK, I need a beer!!!

Don't know what to expect on the truck?  10k mi on '10 dodge/cummins SRW 3500 4x4.  Not  at all fond of the possible outcome of replacing frame, or straightening.  I just know it won't ever be right. 

Nobody hurt, THANKFULLY!!!  Just in for oil change and tire rotate.  Things I once always did myself, but the local guy always did a good job and very fair to me.  Good friends and nothing they could have foreseen happening. 

Next.......

Bill :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:
Bill
Stihl saws
Homegrown splitter
'10 3500 Dodge Cummins
(Beagles and snowshoe hares!!)
NE PA

Ridgekid

Re: A GREAT DAY....not
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 08:35:24 PM »

Ouch. Hope your weekend turns out better!

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 06:09:15 AM »

Just kick back and watch the races this weekend and have a few beers. Don't do any work stay away from all power tools. That is doctor Bull's orders.   LOL
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

Bill G

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Opt. 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 07:27:54 PM »

Bull, Ridgekid,

Son playing in "wood bat" tournament for American Legion Baseball.  If they keep winning, will be 4 games total.

Now lets think about this:  I may not only get hit in head with ball, but should be very aware of flying broken bats!  I'll stay behind fence!!!

Might be a chance of picking up on some good ash and hard maple broken bats to heat my sorry @@@ though.

Appointment w/dealer service for Tuesday, can't wait for the "good news"!  Hoping against all hope, that frame is bent and they "total" the darn truck.  Can't bear the thought of a wonderful, top quality repair job. 

Work tail off, 2 steps forward, have 1 bad day and find self 4 steps back!!! 

There' brewing as we speak!!  Thank the BIG GUY for that!!! Yuengling Lager....Yes it's Lager night once again!

Bill

Quick story to show you all how smart I am:      Went to Maine some years back on yearly hunting trip.  Pull into small town at 5pm and head out for supper.  Good meal and my friend and I ask waitress if there is a bar open close for us to shoot pool and un-wind from trip?  She suggests we go to the "Moose Breath Cafe" because it is "Lager night".  Well, we get there and the place begins filling up with "Loggers" form the North Woods.  Then, out comes a fine young Lass by the name of "Lexus".  What a great show she put on!!!  Yes, it was a Lager night!!
Bill
Stihl saws
Homegrown splitter
'10 3500 Dodge Cummins
(Beagles and snowshoe hares!!)
NE PA