Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Midwest Furnace doesn't want to sell one  (Read 4727 times)

CREW1

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Midwest Outdoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: JUNK
    • View Profile
Midwest Furnace doesn't want to sell one
« on: September 25, 2012, 08:39:18 AM »

Strange as it may seem, I have left messages for 2 days at the (989) 695-1885 number...i get a answering service and they say that "Craig" will call me back...he hasn't. I even left an email request and never got a response. Anyone have any recent dealings with Midwest Furnace or Craig??

HandyMark

• View Profile
Re: Midwest Furnace doesn't want to sell one
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 09:36:54 AM »

Scary. If you can not get them to sell you one how hard will it be to get them to service one?

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 11:17:44 AM »

Very unreliable, I've dealt with them a couple times and could never get any sense out of them
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

CREW1

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Midwest Outdoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: JUNK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »

yep. I have written them off. I did get a call from a Craig who said he never heard of Midwest and that he got a message to call me....very strange. He quoted 2 furnaces each at 1000 dollars higher than the website pricing at mwoutdoorwoodfurnace.com. These furnaces fit the description of the midwest furnaces i was considering....

Craig for some reason didn't want to sell a furnace priced at the web price.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:54:48 PM by CREW1 »

MrDan27611

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: ML42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 10:04:54 AM »

When I was looking for a new boiler, I got information from 3 different dealers who were showing their wares at a local show (i.e. actively marketing). I followed up with each dealer by email and by phone. I only talked to one dealer, who I explained I wanted to come out and see my setup and quote me a replacement boiler. Since he had a decent drive to get here, I left it up to him to set the date so he could combine my trip with another trip close by. I NEVER heard back from that guy, nor ever had any follow up by the other two dealers to emails and phone calls. I finally talked to another guy with the same dealer (Central Boiler), who did come out. He was such a snake oil salesman that I was turned off by most of what he said. I know Scott on this site seems to be Johnny on the spot but these boiler dealers seem to be fly-by-night or worse in my opinion. I run a 100 million dollar dealership and we wouldn't last 5 minutes like this. Between myself and my local HVAC vendor, we're installing the boiler I have on order ourselves and to heck with the dealers.

I guess what I'm saying is, spend more time on the dealer than you do on the boiler. If these folks won't call you back, run as fast as you can.

Dan
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
Mark Twain

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 10:21:23 AM »

Most people feel all dealers are equally qualified and experienced.  Most dealers simply do this as a side project to supplement income, very few make a living at it. 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Johnv656

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 10:42:17 AM »

I recently purchased a new OWB. After making several calls and emails I went with the company and representaive that made me feel important.
The representative actually contacted me several times to make sure my installation was going properly.

Shortly after making my purchase one of the other companys I called while looking called me back. At the time I called him he did not want to take time out of his schedule.
Anyway he calls me and I tell him I already bought one, he proceeds to say "if I knew you were going to buy one that soon I would have changed my schedule".
In this economy you need to treat everyone as a potetial buyer

MrDan27611

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: ML42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 10:53:04 AM »

Most people feel all dealers are equally qualified and experienced.  Most dealers simply do this as a side project to supplement income, very few make a living at it.

Agreed Scott. The guy working out of his backyard has nothing on the guy who has his whole life invested in his business.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
Mark Twain

johnybcold

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic E1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 05:20:26 PM »

I ended up with a local CB dealer he always called back came to my house to check things out and took me to a few past customers to see there setupsbefore I bought one, it is nice having a dealer 30 minutes away that is one reason I went with CB
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO

Sdh1218

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 08:25:31 PM »

Stopped by the fab shop for Midwest outdoor furnace. I had left a message with the answering service also and didn't get a call back so I was in the area today and stopped in. I spoke with one of the employees that was working (a welder) and he gave me the # for the sales man I believe his name is Scott. The employee said the owner is bad about getting back to people. I got a good look a a few stoves in the process of fab. The welds looked real good and the Over all stove looked good also. It's a real simple design a round firebox without a ashpan and the stack exits out the top. If anyone wants the # I got from the employee PM me. I'm going to speak to him to get some pricing and feel him out about cust service. The employee did tell me they had a few stoves that leaked (all from the same welder he no longer works there) and the got them back and fixed them for the cust. Wish me luck with the salesman.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 08:59:06 PM »

Craig is his name.  If they don't take the time to return calls of potential buyers, what on earth makes you think he's gonna take care of you once he has your money? 

Just my thoughts
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 07:24:48 AM »

I have to agree with Scott on this 100 %
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

buckeyeburners

• OWF Brand: Midwest Outdoor Wood Furnace
  • OWF Model: MDWF500
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 12:35:50 PM »

IF YOU WANT A DEALER THAT WILL TREAT YOU RIGHT!!!CHECK OUT WWW.BUCKEYEBURNERS.COM OR CALL US AT 1-888-247-1153