Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: G200 fuse question  (Read 3998 times)

hoardac

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster G-200
  • OWF Model: Formerly Wooddoctor
    • View Profile
G200 fuse question
« on: January 19, 2019, 09:27:30 PM »

What type of fuses does the fan take on the g200. Fan burnt up and blew a fuse had to bypass fuse there are no spares in the box (they should give you a few someone mention that to the powers that be). Damn blizzard coming but it quit just before it got here but it quit in the dark of course. Anyway I dropped the fuse somewhere and cannot find it  :bash:  So if anyone has a idea what they are it would save me from have to take the control panel apart again it is not very user friendly. I know they are 2amp 250v but not sure the size or fast acting or slow.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: G200 fuse question
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 10:25:01 PM »

The fan fuse is slow blow. What year is your stove? The last couple years they have been putting spare fuses in with the owners manual.

shepherd boy

• OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 04:00:42 AM »

There is usually a reason for a fuse to blow. Usually it is ash on wheel making it pull hard or ash build up scrubbing the wheel. Clean it up. It's a slow blow 2 amp but I have cheated and used a 3 amp from auto parts place. Keep a pack in truck, but don't tell anybody.
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

hoardac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 05:23:08 AM »

Yeah I am going to the store and try to find something this morning. Yeah the motor toasted can barely move it by hand glad I had a spare. But I woke up this morning and it was off, the red light flashing the temp down to 109, then I remembered I forgot to fill it. Went into panic mode when it quit working last night and forgot what I originally went out to do. Thanks for the quick responses everyone.

Victor williams

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: G200
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 06:22:16 AM »

How old is your fan. My furnace is 3 1/2 months old and front bearing is wearing out I purchased a spare one before it started to wear out. They should last longer then that. But they are made in P R C. Junk.

hoardac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 09:36:47 AM »

My fan was going on its 3rd year. bought a HVAC Motor,1/8 HP,3000 rpm,115V,3.3 DAYTON 3M292 off of ebay and it went right in no problems just a 2 1/2 hour learning curve in the dark. They even had the plug that reverses it the right direction. Hopefully it will last longer but ordered a new one right away just in case.

E Yoder

• OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 04:12:46 AM »

The last two years or so the fuses are removable right on the front face of the control panel.
Spare parts are worth every penny when it's cold like this. I just saw 1° a few minutes ago a the wind is roaring. I know that's not cold to some of you guys but its cold enough. :)
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

hoardac

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 06:56:50 PM »

Yes that would be nice to be able to change them without taking the front panel off. I might mount a fuse panel near the motor this spring.

E Yoder

• OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 03:26:12 AM »

That's a good idea. Jumper inside the front and add a fuse back by the fan. I'm not sure that I'd ever had a control fuse blow, but I occasionally hear of a fan fuse blowing.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com