Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: pics of my install  (Read 4829 times)

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
pics of my install
« on: October 23, 2015, 07:24:49 AM »

thought i would share a few quick pics with the group!!

CRJR

• View Profile
Re: pics of my install
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 08:21:13 AM »

Nice setup I wish I had something like it

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 03:30:34 PM »

Looks good.  One thing I'm doing with my install this time is changing the sand/firebrick layout in the bottom.  I'm going to buy extra firebrick and lay it so it's angled from just the bottom of the metal water jacket down into the grates.  I think it'll burn better that way since no air can get under the fire if it's lying on the flat sand and that way all of the ashes have to fall into the grates.  Worst thing that'll happen is it doesn't work out and I have to remove it...

oaky

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL-2840
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 05:39:20 PM »

Very nice looking lean-to, d5knapp. Maybe if you have any extra roofing tin, maybe fasten a sheet on the ceiling just above your boiler door & little sheet against your stacked firewood. Never know about them winds. :thumbup:
Husqvarna 272
Husqvarna 55
27 Ton Cub Cadet Log Splitter
John Deere 826D Walk-Behind Snowblower
Always A Good Pile Of Oak Firewood
Home is: West Central Wisconsin

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 04:26:33 PM »

That stack a ng the boiler is going first...all dry white oak :)

I also thought a out that with the firebrick..... Let us know how it works out! I might have to try it as well. I hooked up a Ranco digital Aquastat as well... Much better control over differential settings.

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 01:52:02 AM »

:thumbup:  I'm jealous looks great !!!! .  Setting mine Saturday rain slowed things down . You have some serious BTU output now wow :)  its all about dry oak . I haven't got to point of all stacked and cut will get there some day . :)  I only have dry in the 8 ft form .  :bag:

Heat550

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 02:36:19 AM »

i agree///i got mostyl all oak, some hickory, beech, maple, cherry and ash as well!!!

heat550

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 01:45:43 AM »

Im getting there . Wiring is left . I just filled it with sand took 17 yes 17- 5 gallon pails of sand . and sand was starting to freeze in pails Im pushing it . Packed it in pretty good also . still need to double check on the back corners and make sure by back tube the sand got down in there . Did you notice the back bolts on air shoot for fan those 2 bolts were loose on mine . I tightened them up .
Pictures below . pretty cool we have same stove we can exchange notes . thanks for your post . Had to some modifications to fit . from Old 1994 200css.  The 400dcss will be fired up soon  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 01:58:30 AM by heat550 »

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 09:25:57 AM »

Very nice!!

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 09:32:15 AM »

I will take a pic of my back panel set-up. I would really suggest adding on a Ranco Aquastat or another Honeywell that has a higher set point that 180°F. Make sure to check you boiler temp gauge when the stove shuts down at 180....when it did for me the boiler temp gague only read about 172. I then added line temp gauges and sure enough the line temps were only running about 172-174. So the aquastat was off by about 8 degress and you cant turn it up to cover the difference....Just keep an eye on it and make sure you check, you dont want that thing only reaching 172-173 degrees

heat550

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 03:11:31 AM »

I will take a pic of my back panel set-up. I would really suggest adding on a Ranco Aquastat or another Honeywell that has a higher set point that 180°F. Make sure to check you boiler temp gauge when the stove shuts down at 180....when it did for me the boiler temp gague only read about 172. I then added line temp gauges and sure enough the line temps were only running about 172-174. So the aquastat was off by about 8 degress and you cant turn it up to cover the difference....Just keep an eye on it and make sure you check, you dont want that thing only reaching 172-173 degrees

Ok thanks. Read page 53 in Manuel about AFS. You might want to change that high limit switch out and fix it. Because if that front door switch is left open or switch acts up there's no high limit to shut fans off. Just read all about it as I was figuring out wiring.  So don't know if I like the AFS.  Just something else to mess up. But I will try it out first.  Just thought you should know. ( front big door switch relies on high limit in case of failure)

Heat550 :thumbup:

Maxnchej

• OWF Brand: Portage and main
  • OWF Model: Bl2840
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 10:16:29 AM »

nice looking setup, I need to build something like that for my boiler, keeping it all indoors would be awesome.

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 07:56:14 PM »

Heat - I have read the manual....I re wired everything when I the high limit PLC failed....I totally disconnected it...door switch still works the same as before. I have the new PLC switch here....honestly with just getting a foot of snow today and temps dropping off....the last thing I wanna do it drain boiler down and check it. I have in line temp gauges that all have high limit alarms on them....if temp creep past 195 they switch a buzzer in my house....obviously it doesn't shut the stove down but it still notifies the family. I have checked the fans last weekend and zero build up of any kind on flapper. I'll just be extra cautious this year until spring comes and I can drain and replace the PLC switch....other than that this tove is pumping out some hot.long burn times.....it seems the colder it gets the better it does!!!

heat550

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2015, 09:20:21 PM »

Just wanted to give you a heads up is all . mines  up and running. :thumbup: its burning great. Lots of draft that's for sure. About a 3 foot push out of chimney extension. It's very nice.  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 12:46:43 AM by heat550 »

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2015, 02:19:12 AM »

nice!