Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Restrictor Tube  (Read 10203 times)

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
Re: Restrictor Tube
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2016, 03:52:50 AM »

heat,

we are just getting some colder temps. Getting down to the low 20s at night and 30s during the day....thats about as cold as we have gotten. Just for fun i took the restrictor tube and boarded out the 1inch whole to 1 1/4 inch.....I put restrictor tube back in and it has been working even better...perfect mix of over/under fire now...it has been drawing pretty good, but i still havent had cold enough temps to really put it to the test yet. I am hoping i get some colder temps on the way!!!!!! I will play around with the tube in and out when the colder temps come. As for now ive been putting 6-8 splits in morning and night and getting 12 hours easy

Well -11f here it draws super hard -5f and colder just like the 200css its still heating everything even set at 160f I will set it up to 170f tomorrow still in testing mode really . Let me know  if you notice a big difference how much wood it takes at -11f  Mines taking a wak out of the wood pile but its same as the 200css . 6600spft is alot . Air in fire box in mine seems about right had some blue tornadoes in the flames . Land around here pretty flat so I might be catching more wind at the chimney .  oooo heres a heads up I went to take ashes out quick right . and left fan on because fire was low and starting it up again . well dont do that it blows ash out at you after about 2 cranks of the augar :)  old 200css with only one fan didn't do that .  It wont happen again here:)

Heat550

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2016, 02:51:18 PM »

Lol heat...I had that happen as well :) everything works g good here, been very good on wood. I out about 8-10 splits in morning and night. I clean ashes weekly...if I dont it really restricts the air under the grates and I get no fire in the back

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2016, 02:50:27 AM »

On mine it appears that creosote builts up in the fan area just like it does in the rest of the firebox. I don't know if what was in the bottom of the cavity is from what falls off of the fan and fan tube or if it builds there naturally.

I was wondering on your 200css is tube going from front fan to ash box 2 inch and then restrictor down to 1 inch ?
or is just 1 inch pipe ?  Im wondering if the 200css is same as the 400dcss on the front fan .  I'm rebuilding my old
200css (1994 ). That is why im asking . thanks for any questions . I burned a 200css for 19 years . there great stoves .

Heat550
Pages: 1 2 [3]