Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Buyer beware  (Read 24170 times)

Tiny Tim

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Buyer beware
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 07:27:13 PM »

Some people are never happy

ouch

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 01:50:52 AM »

What does that mean?

Are you implying that we all should be happy with what we get regardles of what was promised?

That after paying cash for a stainless steel furnace, having it go to hell, and receiving a
half assed hot rolled steel replacement that leaks, and wastes wood. I should just consider myself lucky to
have been able to spend money with Hawken?

Please, entertain me with your cunning wit and superior intellect by explaining your reply.

Explain to me why I should be happy with the level of service I have received?
Not to mention the quality of workmanship and materials that went into this glorified burn barrel.

Let’s hear about the one service call on your door.. and how that speaks volumes for Hawken's service department.
What about the poor insulation job that you had to fix yourself?

I am still convinced you are somehow tied to Hawken. nobody else here defends any product like you.
it's your tell. aside from that, your cerebral fortitude fits that of some of the masterminds I have spoken with at Hawken.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 01:57:57 AM by ouch »

ouch

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 10:24:00 AM »

well, it's been over two months since my last post.
The POS hawken is still sitting on my slab, the powers that be in Shelby, Mi state that they have fulfilled their obligations by providing me with a replacement furnace. aparently they reserved the right to replace stainless with hot rolled steel, and a functioning furnace brand with a pile of garbage. My dealer has been less than helpful in this endeavour. stating that he has done everything he can..
as a word of caution, I was looking at Hawkens website and saw this golden nugget of lies this is a copy and paste from their warranty page

"Hawken Energy Industry Best Warranty
 Many outdoor wood furnace companies are embarrassed of all the loopholes and tricky legal language they use. For example, one company boasts a "25-Year Limited Warranty," but when you read their fine print, they limit their coverage to only 10 years on the firebox! The firebox is the most critical component. The Hawken "Industry Best" 20-year warranty does not limit warranty coverage of the firebox – the firebox is covered for the entire 20-year warranty period.

A warranty is only as good as the company that stands behind it. We back our products not only with the "Industry Best" Hawken 20-Year Warranty, but also with the commitment from Hawken to stand behind your entire furnace package – including all parts and components. You will never find a Hawken customer who is unhappy that they purchased a Hawken furnace!"

Well, I am embarrassed that I purchased from Hawken and to be frank I am mad as hell with the level of customer service I have received.
I guess everyone is supposed to be happy with a "switcheroo" I paid a premium for a furnace made of stainless, only to have it replaced with the cheapest steel available. welded by some of the most inept members of society
to ever handle a mig gun. this has to be the poorest excuse for workmanship, customer service, customer support  and a company as a whole.
whatever you do , DON'T BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE. you will regret it.

giXXer

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 10:08:28 AM »

I would most likely be upset as well if my situation were the same.  I had a problem with my local dealer, as it seems many do, but as soon as Hawken was aware of the problem they fixed it the next day.  They also made several follow up calls to make sure that I was taken care of and happy with their product.  It sounds like TinyTim and I have received the same level of customer service that is typical of Hawken along with their thousands of other satisfied customers.  That's why it's just so hard to believe that 2 customers are having such a nightmare with the same company.  I am as passionate about my stove as TinyTim is and I certainly have no corporate affiliation.  I cannot for the life of me figure out why HawkenGlobalYUK is having such problems.  I would think that such a loyal customer of Hawken would at least get the same treatment that I did if not better.  Something just doesn't add up!  With Ouch it looks like they at least made an effort.  Hawken's Stainless stoves obviously had problems.  They shouldn't have ever hit the market.  Even if they were able to get them to hold water, stainless just does not transfer heat like cold rolled steel does.  Most consumers would be absolutely tickled if a company was willing to replace a 3 year old product with a brand new updated one.  It's just so surprising to have the second stove be a leaker as well.  If this is true I would think Hawken would be extremely embarrassed about the situation and fix the issue immediately.  Just another $.02 from a Hawken customer that is happy with his stove and it's performance.  Hopefully I'll be able to say the same thing in 10, 20, 30 years from now.  Good luck with your "lawn ornaments" guys.

MyLeakyWoodDoctor

• MyIcyLeggedWoodDoctor
    • View Profile
Re: Buyer beware - WoodDoctor Steps up to the Plate!
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 06:29:50 AM »

Ouch!

I hope you will eventually find some satisfaction and just wanted to let you know, I at least have had a positive turn about!

See my welding post,

Leaky  :thumbup:

jordan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 07:38:36 AM »

Did these issues ever get resolved?

Johnv656

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 11:01:22 AM »

I would hope it got resolved, that is an old post.

Going on my 2nd year and still love my Hawken, great service and great customer representatives

Schavis

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Hawken
  • OWF Model: GX-10
    • View Profile
!)
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 06:16:16 AM »

OMG back and forth back and forth... but during this discussion, one thing seems to be clear... HAWKEN ENERGY does not value customer satisfaction as they state on their website.

We are new to the OWF world and contacted Hawken about them.  They said we need a GX10 to heat our house and they can hook us up with an installer.... well, we followed their advice and had it installed in our 1908 house.  It was only mild temps outside, so the furnace really wasn't put to any real test for a month or so .... long after we paid for it.  After several problems and another site visit from the installer and 6 hours more work, the unit heated our hot water, but would only have a burn time of between 6 and 7.5 hours on a cold day... then it got really cold and we actually had some burn times down to about 4.5 hours... yes, we are burning good seasoned wood, loading it right, etc.  We then realized that GX10 is just too small to heat our house.  We contacted Hawken and they said, yes the installer thought there might be a problem like this... but they said to fix it, we needed to rip out all of our delivery system (that has been working for 90+ years) and install a new high efficiency system that would cost no more than about $8000 .... WHAT? 
We said no way... they came up with some other solutions like cutting all or our old pipes and fishing PEX thru them and somehow connecting our old radiators to it... blah blah blah... they couldn't even figure out how to make that work... (don't worry, we didn't do that)
Now they tell us that the best they can do might get our burn time up to 10 hours at best. So I guess we can't go to work or even leave for a day trip in the winter....  They say on their website "Customer Satisfaction - Hawken Energy is known for its dedication to customer satisfaction. We will not rest until your Hawken Outdoor Wood Furnace is installed and operating properly, and you are completely satisfied with the warmth it provides. "
Well they now tell us.... that if we want to take it to court it will cost more money in fees than the whole thing cost... so we might as well just be happy with what we have.
IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING FROM HAWKEN..... RUN RUN RUN FAR AWAY... or just send me your money and your house will be just as warm as it is now..... DON'T BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.  They certainly don't value us as a customer, nor stand up to ANY of their promises or guarantees.

Sprinter

• Do it right the first time, its cheaper In the long run
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Indoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: Menominee
  • In the long run
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 05:50:38 PM »

You can file a free case file with the attorney general of your state not the one they reside in. Then there is a way to go after the installer, even if there was NO paperwork, you can hold him liable. Personal, dab, s corp, doesn't matter. I won all of my cases, statefarm, dodge Chrysler and non paying customers. I received payment in full on all but the residential before actually going to the final court date. The residential took 10 days. Non of them cost me a dime other than my time and filing fees. If you have a case they will represent you , or yank their license. In one case against a landscaper here in town, they showed up at his house, loading equipment seizing everything on his property. He decided to pay on the spot when he raced back home. Little over $10,000.

However if you don't have a case or you loose it only cost you if you hire someone. If your claim is real bogus the judge  will rule in their favor " with prejudice "    this means you no longer have any rights to sue again pertaining to the items in that claim. If not you can try again with professional legal representation.

This is also how I learned here in Michigan that a verbal agreement is binding, as long as there was a description, price and acceptance stated. Hand shake or not.  A working unit and working heating system is a description, your price, and the fact that you didn't call the police during install was a confirmed agreement/acceptance. Now he has to fulfill the working system AND any claimed burn times. Look up your state attorney general and claims, you can do it all online. If it goes to court, an s corp cannot rep themselves, they have to have an attorney by law. So it's costing him not you. The rules change after the first hearing.
Michigan Thumber

Schavis

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Hawken
  • OWF Model: GX-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 04:07:57 PM »

thanks for the advice.  We currently have a case pending against Hawken with the BBB ....
Pages: 1 [2]