Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hawken Energy Owner  (Read 28001 times)

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: Hawken Energy Owner
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 04:26:16 PM »

every one here is could be right...we all agree the black stuff is indeed moisture..where it is coming from could be different things     yes it can be from wet wood    moisture content of the wood or snow on the outside..but it could also be from a small leak in the firebox letting moisture in from the water tank
if you are losing more water from your tank than you have in the past, you may have a leak...if your water is staying within the "normal" operation of your stove it may be in fact what the previous posters have said...moisture in or on the wood

only the owner of the stove who operates it daily can likely tell by close observation....perhaps you could close off the valves and pressure test your stove..be careful of this i dont think they can take mush pressure
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

MyLeakyWoodDoctor

• MyIcyLeggedWoodDoctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 02:15:37 PM »

You would think that some of these dealer who are or have previously sold Global Hydronics furnaces as their own would be pissed off enough to launch their own class action suit by now!

Leaky :(

ouch

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 02:42:35 PM »

you would almost expect it.
you would think that it would be necessary to keep from destroying
their perspective names.

MyLeakyWoodDoctor

• MyIcyLeggedWoodDoctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 09:06:02 AM »

I would like to see Wood Doctor, first, just take care of their customers by delivering to them what they promised in the first place!
Just nip this problem in the butt and get on with business while at the same time tracking all their cost, then, secondly, join together with other dealers in the same boat and get the deed done with a class-action-suit!

Put Golbal Hydronics out of business, if that's what it will take to clean up this mess!!  :post:

Leaky  :'(

Tiny Tim

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 12:19:06 PM »

Maybe that is the reason hawken started to make their own furnaces. I know that all outdoor furnaces manufacturers have their fair share of leaks. Then it comes down to the warrenty and from what i have read here hawken really stands up to their end of the warrenty. From what I have read on outher forums  about outher companys you have to hire a lawyer and force them to live up to their end that could take years.

giXXer

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 11:31:13 AM »

Even if the black sludge is from moisture in the wood it should not escape the burner through anything but the chimney.  During my learning curve with my boiler (HE-2100) I have burned everything from super dried oak, maple, beech to poplar and pine that hardly hit the ground before it was burned and NEVER any issues.  You of course get a considerable amount of smoke at certain times with green wood, but never any leaks.  A lot of OWB owners don't have the option of burning green wood as they have neighbors that would oppose due to the smoke, but in the rural area that I live the smoke isn't an issue.  If someone told me I had to burn only perfectly seasoned firewood I wouldn't have purchased the unit.

Another issue that has been suspect is improper insulation of the door.  This has also not been a problem for me either as I typically have to brush the snow of the door prior to opening it.  I guess mine wasn't built on a Friday!

Derek Gutkowski

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 05:25:20 PM »

The seal on my door leaks black liquid, I thought I the door wasn't line up right, this black liquid stain my pad, I keep a bucket under the door.

MarkP

• OWF Brand: Homebuilt
  • OWF Model: Hillbilly #3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009, 07:11:59 PM »

I built my stove last year, and for the first month or so, it leaked black liquid from the bottom of the door/seal.  It also stained the concrete pad my stove sits on.  I built my door hollow, but decided later, to cut a hole in it, and packed the door with fiberglass insulation.  I made a steel plate to bolt over the hole, and have had NO LEAKAGE since.  With the stove at full temperature, the door is only slightly warm now, with no leaks.
Homemade OWB  (Smokey)
Stihl 290, 2 Stihl 170s
Tractor supply 22 ton splitter
One good woman that can cut and split wood
Le Roy, WV

ouch

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2009, 10:00:36 AM »

My personal opinion is that Hawken wasn't insulating the doors.
I took temp readings of the door with a non contact infrared thermometer.
unbelievable just how hot the door was. The furnace I had leaked black liquid like a sive.
I saved half a mason jar of it. I was told by hawken that it was just a part of the "warming up" of the furnace..
later to be told that it was my wood, then that it was that I was acting suspicious..
Warren, and Dave at hawken energy will undoubetedly tell you that you are the only customer with this problem.
and the liquid will not only stain your concrete, it will eat it as well. the liquid is creosote and water from condensation.
there is a rather large lip at the door that is uninsulated. the temperature difference causes the air from the blower to condensate.
and if the same dullards built your furnace that built the one I had, the door seal is ill fitting at best.
call hawken and demand service.  if they refuse, call the BBB and the state attorneys general office.
Hawken is not a very reputable company. they have used deceptive marketing tactics to sell their furnaces for years now.
all I can say is I am sorry, and good luck.

you can also check on "www.arboristsite.com" search for ouch, or hawkenglobalyuk to see more.

Greatlakesboiler

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2010, 05:13:27 PM »

Maybe that is the reason hawken started to make their own furnaces. I know that all outdoor furnaces manufacturers have their fair share of leaks. Then it comes down to the warrenty and from what i have read here hawken really stands up to their end of the warrenty. From what I have read on outher forums  about outher companys you have to hire a lawyer and force them to live up to their end that could take years.

I have had first hand experience as to how Hawken Energy handled warranty complaints in the past. Don't expect that they will come through if you have an issue. Hawken has repeatedly passed the buck, put off and lied as an attempt to have get warranty claimants to just give up on their claim. Hawken started building their own furnaces because they could not get any more credit from Global Hydronics due to not paying for furnaces purchased.
As for leak issues on some of the Global furnaces they were mostly caused from using a water treatment that Global was informed would protect the furnaces. In fact this treatment ate the stainless and did cause serious problems.

Arthur Turple

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 06:24:19 AM »

Registration Agreement
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law

Your registration says no defamatory talk, but you continue to encourage it by allowing accusations and lies to run wild.
I am not, nor have I ever been the owner, nor part owner, of Hawkens Energy, nor Global Hydronics.  I should not be listed as such.
My only connection to Global Hydronics was about 8 years ago we sold 34 of their furnaces as a low cost stainless furnace, and before that we sold some Pacific Western furnaces from Glen Rawlings of Atticokan, Ontario.  These were built by Convey All manufacturing which started Global Hydronics.  Both companies have the same owner Bob Toad, of Winkler MB.  Global Hydronics also manufactured the Hawkens furnaces until recently.

The “My Leaky Wood Doctor” is a Global Hydronic furnace.  It is green and it has Global Hydronics on the certification and labels.   He had a smaller Global and we gave him a larger Global at no extra cost.  Then it also failed.  We even ended out paying for the welder. 

I am the owner and president of Outside Heating Systems Ltd, which owns the Wood Doctor furnace.
I live in Truro, NS with my wife Jean.
Our offices are in Truro, NS Canada and Bangor, ME.
Our manufacturing is at Silverwinds Metals in MB, Canada and also Fordham in SD.

I suspect that most of the comments are made by competitors, and may even include your company.  Why else would you start this forum?

Racist comments calling me a Morman, and a German are lies.  I am a Canadian as were my father and grandfather.  My great grandfather immigrated from Germany.  He was a minister in Halifax, NS.  My father was a minister, and I am a spirit filled Christian.

Comments linking me to all other outdoor furnace companies ownership is not true, although I wish it were.  My wealth has been greatly exaggerated.

The deception that calls himself "classaction" has been steadily dripping lies all over the internet, and is without a doubt a competitor which may also mean a member of forum management.  Please reveal his IP address.

Also "Fishhunter" appears to also be "classaction"  Check out the dates and times he was on your forum.  His deception is sloppy as his times match "classaction".

Check out Wood Doctor at the BBB in Nova Scotia.  We are in good standing.
I own a few websites that help our internet ranking.  I am personally listed on both companies and websites.  My personal cell phone is 902-890-6616.
Does the president of any other outdoor furnaces company make his own personal cell phone available?

Over the years we have had a few problems and have constantly improved the furnaces.
There had been a couple of models that made life tough.
1/4 inch certified boilerplate, now with insulated chimneys and sacrificial anodes have made the Wood Doctor one of the most durable furnaces on the market today.

In 2011 Wood Doctor will be introducing a whole new line of smokeless EPA furnaces.  I expect 2011 to be our largest year ever.
Arthur Turple, pres.
Wood Doctor

hawken

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 04:38:45 AM »

Re: Truth about Wood Doctor by president
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 01:43:47 AM »
QuoteModifyRemove
Well looks like Arthur Turple of Wooddoctor  can not say a reply about his warranty as its all over the place as BAD !!!

Goodluck57
Rating: 96%, 6 Votes
My advise is this: STAY AWAY from Global Hydronics, Bio Heat, Wood Doctor, and Hawken Energy. All negative stuff out there on them. See arboristsite dot com for more information that is being posted search for Hawken Energy, you'll find it. The only real solution is to sue these companies as they have neglected customers for years, over and over again. It has been posted that Hawken Energy uses an "independent" report that claims Hawken is the best in the business, they are not!!! By the looks of it, the owner of Hawken Energy made up this report and is using one of his other business to promote it. This is pathetic.
I say stay away from Global, Bio Heat, and Wood Doctor, as It would seem that Global hydronics makes them all, at least they all look alike, and the warranty complaints on the internet name these companies as being the worst. Hawken Energy once sold Global Hydronics units that they relabeled as their own, but did not tell the costumers this. I guess they even printed a flyer that changed the model numbers, but when you got the unit on your land it was a Global Hydronics and not a Hawken Energy. One or more of these companies is being sued now. Nothing good to say about one of these companies. The whole thread over at arboristsite should be read as it uncovers a lot of information these companies did not want the public to know about.
Was this helpful?YesNo5 people thought this was helpful
Add a comment

Solution 3 posted 10 months ago

class action
Rating: 94%, 4 Votes
The reason they want you to ship it for repair is so you will forget about it !

You are correct its from Manitoba , its part of a Religious cult colony that is building them , and somehow part of the Rock Church out there, I saw one of the owners in a show in USA in 2009 , he and his buddies were joking about how many they can pump out under different names, all old second class steel . they offer 30 year warranty , I got one of the owners cards, some German guy Arthur Turple from Truro Nova Scotia , he has many names I find.www.wooddoctorfurnace.com www.outdoorwoodfurnaces.ca and all owned by Outside Heating Systems Ltd . I think is like this so he can loose on a class action suit !!! so I see he selling all stock as fast as he can and under cut his DEALERS even Wood Doctor !
http://truro.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sel...AdIdZ183381387

http://truro.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sel...AdIdZ183381387

*-*-* Admin Removed personal info, do not post personal info about people.  It is fine to have an opinion on a product but do not post things like this. *-*-*

class action
10 months ago
firestarter  nova scotia Total Posts: 2 Joined 2009-02-27 I have a Boiler Plate model and it is 6 years old and has started to leak. My furnace was filled with antifreeze to help prevent corrosion, but that was a waist of time. I am being told that ” because I had installed a 8 foot section of chimney, condensation in the smoke pipe and ran down inside the firebox and this contributed to the welds failing(Rusting Out).” They are denying warranty. The warranty on the furnace is only good for 5 years. I saw the classic boiler furnaces a week after I had purchased my Wood Doctor and I thought it was a much better furnace, and now I am sure that I made a mistake. If they offered to give me a new furnace to replace this one I would sell it for as much as I could get for it and buy a Classic Boiler. I know there are allot of dead Wood Doctors www.wooddoctorfurnace.com in this area. The furnace worked well up until now, but I was waiting for the past two years for something to go wrong with it after hearing other peoples stories. Reply

class action
10 months ago
Burning Chunk  Nova Scotia, CanadaTotal Posts: 35Joined 2009-01-23 What a farce . . . yours rusted from the outside-in (inside-out to me would be from the water jacket, out!) and they are denying warranty. Does Wood Doctor say anywhere in the literature they provided to you that there is a limit on the length of pipe you can install and that this may happen if you install too long a piece and they will there-by void your warranty?
Did they convince you to ship your entire boiler to their factory for examination at your expense and then pull this excuse to void your warranty out of their hat?
So, “Now We Know!!”, Wood Doctor’s boiler plate lasts about 6 heating seasons before corroding through and leaking all over the ground and Heavy Duty Stainless Steel can corrode through in less than 3 heating seasons!!
Isn’t that Wood Doctor product just the cat’s meow!
So to add to the confusion that Wood Doctor seems to wallow in . . . is your boiler “Heavy Duty Full Boiler Plate” or did they manage to slip you something they might now describe as “Light Duty Half Boiler Plate” that you didn’t think you had bought from them in the first place?
Wood Doctor is telling me now, that I originally bought a Light Duty Stainless Steel Global Hydronics boiler from them. Funny, how I never heard any of these terms until well after the fact! I know what I bought from them, “A Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Wood Doctor Furnace!”
It’s like they’re trying to say, “You bought our cheap product and got what you paid for! What did you expect, Dah!”
Leaky :down:

class action
10 months ago
firestarter nova scotiaTotal Posts: 2Joined 2009-02-27 I can’t find the literature that came with the furnace when I bought it, I will look for it soon. But I have a friend with the same set up and he isn’t having any problems (YET). They told me that my furnace only had a 5 year FULL warranty and I’m not sure what the replacement warranty is , 30 year warranty is a SCAM ! , I have to talk to them again. It’s not like I purchased there cheapest model. I paid almost $10 000 CASH for the furnace, its a big one.
What I am planning to do is to get a welder down and cut the thing wide open and perform the repairs and I will take some pictures of the thing opened up and then I am going to put it in the Auto Trader for sale as scrap metal. Free advertising for them, I will also put it on the net. I was so upset when they screwed me around, I decided that I would have more fun screwing with them and hopefully prevent someone else from making the same mistake that I did. They didn’t even come look at it. I called them when I discovered the problem and it took them almost 3 weeks to get back to me and say they were not going to cover it. It was some Arthur Turple salesman and really sounded strange on the phone like he was working from his truck. Its a real candy *** operation that they are running. I am going to take the furnace right apart and inspect the entire furnace and rebuild it they way they should have built it in the first place. And when it blowes up I will buy a one from Central Boiler. Be aware WOODDOCTOR is No GOOD ! Reply
View More Comments
Solution 4 posted 1 year ago

alenorm
Rating: 84%, 275 Votes
Usually leaqks comes from two sources one from the vent that may be closed with dirts or from the condensing unit that is building ice and that may need to be cleaned too. open the unit and start it and see where the water coming from does it buid on the bottom and if you can see if you have any dirts...ssometime th ehole is too small see if you can make new one big
Was this helpful?YesNo1 person thought this was helpful
Add a comment

hawken666
17 days ago
Best to Study the warranty , Like WoorDoctor Arthur Turple has a SCAM warranty and refuses to discuss it ! Re: Truth about Wood Doctor by president « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 05:32:55 PM » Quote arthur, i was trying to look up some infor about yor 30 year warranty on the wood doctor site, i can find none? why is that. would you care to elaberate on the warranty. it says 30 years on the boiler plate, does that mean on the welds also? do you warranty no leaks in the complete stove for 30 years or is this warranty also pro rated and if so at what percent and nubmer of years for each percent? i wish each of the dealers for different models of stoves would come on the forum pertaining to their stove and state the true warranty facts of their stoves. It appears that most (if not all) manufacturers seem to word their warranties with loop holes that let them out of repairs. I knew a fellow that had a pacific western, seam in water jacket let loose in year 2, his warranty after fighting for a month was they supplied a patch (a piece of 1/8 plate and he had to pay me to weld it on teh stove. I would say that warranty was worthless. arthur i am not bashing you but giving you a chance to be the first owner to truthfully spell out your warranty for everyone to see and if you are willing to do this i would challenge all the rest of the owners or agents of your compatition to come forth and do the same. there are many folks who are looking for info coming to this site and there are many horror stories of false warranty claims, give those looking for info before purchasing an OWB some truthful info on the warranty they would get if a problem arose with your product. all it would take to get this rolling would be 1 honest owner. arthur, is that you? « Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 05:34:42 PM by willieG » Report to moderator Logged home made OWB (2001) Ontario Canada
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 06:02:50 AM by PhinPhan »

bankrupt

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2011, 06:16:36 AM »

By the looks of Wood Doctor registration they have gone out of business to avoid warranty claims from previous years ! 30 year warranty ?

PROFILE -  THE WOOD DOCTOR - as of:  2011-04-09 09:01 AM

Business/Organization Name:    THE WOOD DOCTOR
Registry ID:   3012848
Type:    Partnership/Business Name
Nature of Business:    OUTDOOR FURNACE DEALERSHIP
Jurisdiction:   Nova Scotia
Registered Office:   101 - 35 Commercial Street 
Truro NS Canada B2N 3H9
Mailing Address:    101-35 Commercial Street   
Truro NS Canada B2N 3H9

PEOPLE

Name   Position   Civic Address   Mailing Address
ARTHUR TURPLE   Recognized Agent    101-35 Commercial Street
Truro NS B2N 3H9    101-35 Commercial Street
Truro NS B2N 3H9

ACTIVITIES

Activity   Date
Revoked for Non-Payment   2010-12-06

Arthur Turple

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2011, 01:03:21 AM »

More Truth about Wood Doctor by President.
Lets clear up a few facts.
The warranty shown was for a Global Hydronic furnace.  (GH)  Unfortunately we sold a few of their furnaces a number of years ago.  They put demands on customers to receive warranty. 

Most warranties are written to protect the manufacturer.  We are no exception.  Our warranty is not perfect.  It covers electrical parts for 1 year.  It covers 100% of repairs for 5 years.  It has a limited prorated replacement warranty for 30 years.  This is much like a tire or battery.  In 30 years it is still worth 25%.  Still it is possibly the best warranty in the market.   We certainly have a tough furnace.

Wood Doctor is a product owned by Outside Heating Systems Ltd.  The attack that Classaction put in to insinuate that we are going out of business is untrue.  The $50. annual renewal was overlooked as we are in the process of moving corporate headquarters to Virginia.  This will enable us to better serve our customers and dealers.

Classaction, alias bankrupt, has never owned a Wood Doctor furnace.  John is from Nova Scotia, Canada.  We were involved in another business.  I forgive him for the unjustified attacks.  May he find the forgiveness and peace of Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior.

The arborist site is owned by the competition.  The arborist site will not allow me to post a rebuttal to their trash.  It should only take an intelligent person 20 minutes to determine that everyone is trashed but their 2 stoves, that will wash the dishes, clean the house, and even make love to them at night. 

It is amazing how small people will hide and trash others, but are terrified to give out their real identity.  They know if they were to give out fraudulent information using their real names, they would be held accountable.  In no time people would know that they are lying.  They would be disgraced. 
I am not afraid to identify myself. 
I am not perfect.  Sometimes I mess up big time.  Some times I even have an attitude.  Thank God, most of the time I do the right thing.
My cell number is 902-890-6616.  My office is 877-770-8778.   

Watch for the new Wood Doctor website.  It will be unveiled soon.  We are currently in negotiations to open a new 132,000 sq ft manufacturing plant in Farmville, Virginia.  All corporate offices are being moved to this new central location.  It is with in 12 hours of 76% of all customers and dealers.
Arthur Turple, pres.
Wood Doctor

Arthur Turple

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 12:10:38 PM »

I am the owner of Wood Doctor.
I have never had any business dealings with Hawkins except that years ago when Hawkins first started with Global Hydronics he had also sent in a dealer inquiry to our company.
At that time, I warned him and told him that we had purchased about 38 of their furnaces and that they failed quickly.  I offered to give him the names of the customers to check it out.
He was purchasing the Global furnaces at so low a price that he did not want to know.
I only believe that I ever talked to him on one other occasion when we bumped into each other at a show.  I reminded him that we had warned him.  I am not going to respond to any more comments on this Hawkins thread. 
Arthur
Pages: 1 [2] 3