Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Opinions on Freedom wood furnace ?  (Read 5314 times)

RiverRoy

• View Profile
Opinions on Freedom wood furnace ?
« on: September 30, 2009, 07:29:21 AM »

Hello, I did a lot of research javascript:void(0);and thinking about buying a Freedom outdoor wood/coal furnace Eliminator 48, Anyone have any knowledge or experience with them? Thanks for your time.javascript:void(0);

Dirtslinger

• OWF Brand: Woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on Freedom wood furnace ?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 05:12:40 PM »

I know a guy that has the 48 he is not happy with it.
But alot of his problem is that he didnt take the time to use good insulation on his pipes.
He has had it for 6 years had to replace blowermotor and a pump. Not to bad I guess
There is a place to oil the motor but they installed it wrong at the factory so you cant get to the holes. So the new motor I put on for him I installed it correct and now he oils every other month.I looked at 5 other 48 in this area and the motor was on wrong so I would ask your rep about this before you buy one..
Thats all I have not much help just some things to look for..
Dirtslinger
Brockway, PA

RiverRoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 05:32:51 AM »

Thanks very much for the heads up on the motor and pipes/lines, I'll make sure to properly insulate them. About the Motor? Can I just spin it around? or do i need to take it off every month to get to the oil opening for oiling? I'll ask/check with them first to see if it is in need of changing before I even get it. Again thank you very much for the information, Anyone else have any knowledge of this OWB?? I'm probably going to buy this next week unless I hear more/worse bad news.  Thanks for your time.....     Roy
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 05:36:50 AM by RiverRoy »

Dirtslinger

• OWF Brand: Woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 03:43:30 PM »

Thanks very much for the heads up on the motor and pipes/lines, I'll make sure to properly insulate them. About the Motor? Can I just spin it around? or do i need to take it off every month to get to the oil opening for oiling? I'll ask/check with them first to see if it is in need of changing before I even get it. Again thank you very much for the information, Anyone else have any knowledge of this OWB?? I'm probably going to buy this next week unless I hear more/worse bad news.  Thanks for your time.....     Roy

Yes you can take it off and spin the motor around so the holes are out front thats what I did to his new one.
Dirtslinger
Brockway, PA