Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Bleeding air out of line and startup procedure ?  (Read 4553 times)

netwerx-r-us

• OWF Brand: Tennessee Outdoor Furnace
  • OWF Model: Hoss 400HE
    • View Profile
    • Netwerx-R-Us
Bleeding air out of line and startup procedure ?
« on: December 08, 2012, 06:29:46 PM »

I'm just about ready to finalize the hookup to my greenhouse tomorrow  , first line on my OWB  , what is the procedure for bleeding the lines after fillup and initial start up of stove , thanks in advance

Netwerx-R-Us
http://netwerx-r-us.com
Kubota 3430 W loader and backhoe
Echo 440
Honda Rancher 400
Kubota ZD326

baldwin racing

• OWF Brand: Thermo-Control (indoor)
  • OWF Model: 500/2000 (in the insulated jacket)
    • View Profile
Re: Bleeding air out of line and startup procedure ?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 08:21:35 PM »

I'm just about ready to finalize the hookup to my greenhouse tomorrow  , first line on my OWB  , what is the procedure for bleeding the lines after fillup and initial start up of stove , thanks in advance
pressurized or non pressurized unit? non pressureized you can fill up system and boiler. bleed any lines you can try it get as much air out as possible.....now fire up pump you still may have to vent a little in other ares if you have vents...once it's circulating go ahead and light boiler as it heats up check for leaks....once it gets to temp it will shut down to ideal mode....and you are good to go.....it may dump some out the over flow as the water is expanding as its getting hot....thats normal...
pressureized same process just you need to open vents like pressure releave valve and the vent valve above pressure tank....once boiler and most of line is full and it pisses out water out of pressure releave valve close pressure relave valve.....now open any other vents until water pisses out...get all the air out as possible....now turn on pump and revent lines shut them off after the water pisses out....but leave your automatic water filler on......once water is circulating and you got all the air out that you can, fire it up and do the same process check for leaks and watch pressure...you may have to adjust the pressure on the auto filler so it does not put to much in the system. if it does that it will build pressure and blow it out pressure releave valve...... thats fine...it will take a while but you will have to mess with it until you get the kinks out of it.......hope this helps
kelly
if you have any ? send a message or call me i can try to help and talk you threw it....315-705-5735
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:06:40 AM by baldwin racing »
husqvarna 357 xp
allis-chalmers 5050 2,100 org hrs
farmall m (set up for just tractor pulling)
farmall H

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Bleeding air out of line and startup procedure ?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 11:40:15 AM »

It's an open system, turn pump on, crack bleeder screw if it has one, let it bubble for a few seconds then tighten it up.  Let the pump push the air out of the system, you'll hear it start gurgling.  Once that starts open and close your return ball valves a few times.  Close it, and you'll hear the pump start to grunt, one it really fast, repeat that a few times and your done
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697