Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: no heat  (Read 5125 times)

sabercat

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
no heat
« on: December 04, 2016, 06:37:44 PM »

I finally fired up my 5036 for the winter today, at least I hoped to.
Got the stove up to temp, and check various fitting for possible leaks etc. Went down to the Thermostato valve and felt like the water was circulating thru it. Went upstairs to the furnace felt hot, so I turned the bypass that I have, to flow thru my water/air exchanger and thought everything was good. So I turn the thermostat up to enjoy the heat, and was blowing cool air. I went back to the crawl space and touched the hot line coming in, felt hot, went to where the lines go up to the side arm for the water heater, felt hot going in, but not so hot coming out. Had to go out of town, when I got back, I thought maybe the pump was not pumping good, so tore it apart, seems to run smooth, and quiet, actually took the cartridge out and turned it on. hooked the pump back up, loosened the return line up, turned the pump on, and it pushed water out, it was not coming from the stove, have a shutoff valve between the stove and where the hose hooks up. I'm sort of thinking, maybe my side arm is plugged up somewhat, has anyone ever encountered that, The hot water from the boiler goes to the hot water, then furnace, and I did have the exchanger on the furnace circulating hot water, but not now. Thanks

boilerman

• OWF Model: E2400 Currently CL5648 Previously
    • View Profile
Re: no heat
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 09:50:27 PM »

Possible air lock? Try purging air out of lines using domestic water pressure. Owners manual describes in detail this process.

sabercat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 05:14:51 AM »

Possible air lock? Try purging air out of lines using domestic water pressure. Owners manual describes in detail this process.

OK will look and do, thanks

sabercat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 05:59:49 AM »

I bleed alittle air out of the system, back by the air handler on my gas stove. It seem to be working good now, may have a little more air, should bleed itself out. I did notice last night, I felt the air handler 18x19" only the center was hot, the tubes towards the ends was alot cooler, may be to the possible air in it.

5050racing

• OWF Brand: CB-1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 02:01:03 PM »

I installed 2 spirovent in my system,work great one right after the exit of hot water that leaves oil burner and one upstairs at high point of system at air handler hot coil.even just heating water creates air bubbles in system all the time.

sabercat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 10:56:03 AM »

I installed 2 spirovent in my system,work great one right after the exit of hot water that leaves oil burner and one upstairs at high point of system at air handler hot coil.even just heating water creates air bubbles in system all the time.

I have a downdraft furnance in my house. The in (supply) hose comes up thru the floor, enters the water to air exchanger from the bottom, suppose to go thru the exchanger and fill all the tubes, then exit down thru the floor to wood stove. Could I mount the spirovent where the water comes out of the bottom of the exchanger to go back to the stove, its not at the top of the exchanger, bout 19"s lower. Would a bib, or faucet mounted there work as good, I would manually have to turn the faucet on to release air.  I can feel on top of the exchanger, and the outer most top loops are not hot, just the center ones. Thanks
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 11:03:30 AM by sabercat »

sabercat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 01:20:52 PM »

I look at the CB picture in their book. What about this, I have a shut-off valve located on my return line on the stove, plus a faucet located there also. If I shut the valve off, turn pump off, hook domestic water to the faucet, push domestic water thru the return line, (basically backwards of how the pump is pushing it) thru the entire system, back to the wood stove. That should purge the entire system of air? Then what, turn faucet off, take water hose off, turn valve on,turn the pump on? Thanks

boilerman

• OWF Model: E2400 Currently CL5648 Previously
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 09:12:00 PM »

That will work Sabercat

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 02:37:31 AM »

Does your circ have a check valve in it, if so it will need to be removed.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

sabercat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 05:05:17 AM »

Does your circ have a check valve in it, if so it will need to be removed.

no check valve. 007 model I believe.
That was a question I forgot to ask, if water will go thru thr pump?

sabercat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 05:11:49 AM »

I do have a new Bell & Gossett NRF-22, I just purchased. I may put that on as well soon. I was told that it may push alittle more then the one I have on now.
Any one know what size bolts for the flanges are used for the Bell & Gossett? Thanks