Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wallenstein 800 series  (Read 2628 times)

twain

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
Wallenstein 800 series
« on: January 20, 2019, 06:09:12 PM »

I bought the wallenstein wood processor. I have had it 4 years. I really like it. I live in rough terrain, a lot of hill side. Its easy to get moved around and very easy quick setup. I bought the saw mount with it, holds the saw (25" 362CM)  on a bracket by using the bar nuts. I have cut untold cords of wood. I sell some too. It will take a 20" diameter log. Also doesn't matter on the length it will drag it in. It has a Subaru 14 HP motor.  I have had absolutely no issues with the machine. thought i would share in case one of you all are looking.   

Crow

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
  • Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
Re: Wallenstein 800 series
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 07:08:20 AM »

Which one? I keep looking at these. How long a log do you put through it, and how ugly a piece will it take?

twain

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 01:06:10 PM »

just as long of a log as you can get to the machine. I have pulled 30' plus. It has two jacks on the drag ramp that holds the machine in place for the drag, once they seat in the ground just pull'er on in. They claim 22" diameter but 20" and less is better. I run some mighty crooked stuff through it also. you just have to move the back around a little to get it straight in the cutting area. mine is the 830. The splitting action will push the pieces right up the shoot and in a trailer. The lower the trailer the better it works. I only have the 4 way wedge. I don't like to split them to small. I have never regretted buying it. Darn sure leaves some of the heat in the wood.   

Crow

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
  • Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 05:01:16 PM »

Thanks twain.  :thumbup: