Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Suggestions repleacing pump for radiant floor?  (Read 1841 times)

Tree_Killer

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF5000SS
    • View Profile
Suggestions repleacing pump for radiant floor?
« on: November 24, 2013, 03:54:38 PM »

My Taco 007-f5 just went out for one of my zones (radiant floor for kitchen area).  With doing some looking on here, I see a lot of people arent thrilled with Taco. What make and model would you all suggest for replacement?

Seen Gundfos mentioned on here, but not sure which one would be a replacement for the taco I have.  Most likely I will order several of them...cause this system is littered with tacos.
Climb High Tree Service
Lebanon PA

Certified Arborist

"Kiss My Axe"

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions repleacing pump for radiant floor?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 04:00:52 PM »

charts on the grundfos site say taco 07=f5 can be replaced with grundfos UP 15-29 SF

the pros may step in here that work with pumps all the time. i think i hear that  grundfos uses less power but im not sure

not sure why taco gets bad mouthed as my taco 11 has just entered its 13th year?
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 07:33:39 PM »

charts on the grundfos site say taco 07=f5 can be replaced with grundfos UP 15-29 SF

the pros may step in here that work with pumps all the time. i think i hear that  grundfos uses less power but im not sure

not sure why taco gets bad mouthed as my taco 11 has just entered its 13th year?

Taco is gettin worse imo, I bought some new taco 2400-20 the other day, 2 of the 3 were locked up from the factory.  They were completely full of paint, it was so excessive it had locked the motor up
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 08:51:11 PM »

Which way is the pump mounted?
The Taco 007 has the flanges rotated 90 degrees from Grundfos. If it is horizontal you will need to rotate your flanges or buy the optional model with rotated flanges.

Most of the time a Grundfos 15-58 will work in place of a Taco 007. The Taco has a higher max flow rate but lower head.

If you want a low power option the Grundfos Alpha is a good pump pump and will use about 1/2 the power or less. Costs about twice as much though so may never see the savings on power especially if you can run a 15-58 on low speed.

Another option is Honeywell. They haven't been around real long. I haven't used any yet but they have a good warranty and are about the same price. Also, can replace either standard or rotated flange pumps.   http://www.forwardthinking.honeywell.com/related_links/water/aquapump/sell/67-7514.pdf

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 04:54:28 AM »

I prefer Grundfos, but it is only for personal preference, Taco is a good circ and if that is what you have now then that is what I would stick with, why go through all the added expense and aggrivation of changing them all out if they work, everybody should have a spare circ sitting on the shelf no matter what the brand name is, stay away from the chinese knock-offs
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.