Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Anyone using a natures comfort gasification boiler?  (Read 1837 times)

snowdan87

• View Profile
Anyone using a natures comfort gasification boiler?
« on: March 11, 2012, 10:58:32 AM »

I am considering getting a Natures Comfort gt 500 boiler.  If anyone has one, let me know how well the unit is working?  How the company is to work with?  How long of burn times you are getting and what size square footage you are heating.  And maybe how much was the cost for the unit itself? so I know how good my deal is.  how many cords of wood used this winter?  Thanks  ;D

Rob

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: natures comfort
  • OWF Model: gt-220
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone using a natures comfort gasification boiler?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 06:24:52 PM »

I have the 250. Second year with it. WORST investment I have made. I need to clean it every other day or I have problems getting it to maintain temp. Cleaning it is no easy task! Wood has to be split very small and has to be very dry. I had an Aquatherm for the previous ten years, cleaning was easy and if I could lift it I could burn it.

kjw58

• OWF Brand: Natures Comfort
  • OWF Model: 275G- Coal Burner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 07:50:59 PM »

I also have the gt-220, just finished the second winter on it and it is working great. I have never had any trouble maintaining temp, heating about 4500 sq ft in 2 buildings plus DHW.  You do need to burn dry seasoned wood for the gassifiers to work right.  It is amazing how much heat you can get out of a small amount of wood.  I have had a couple minor issues with my stove and natures comfort has taken care of everything, I am happy with my stove so far.
S.E. Mich.
New Holland TC40DA
IH 464 w/2250 Loader
6 x 10 Dump Trailer
2 Stihl 261's
Poulan 3400 & 3700
Poulan 2150
Homelite Super XL

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 09:02:39 PM »

I have the 250. Second year with it. WORST investment I have made. I need to clean it every other day or I have problems getting it to maintain temp. Cleaning it is no easy task! Wood has to be split very small and has to be very dry. I had an Aquatherm for the previous ten years, cleaning was easy and if I could lift it I could burn it.
Something doesn't sound right. Would you mind if I take a look at it to see if anything is wrong with it if I happen to be over your way sometime?