Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Gas fired Power Plant might be buying me out!?  (Read 9119 times)

atvalaska

• OWF Brand: aqua-therm
  • OWF Model: coal one 275
  • 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
Re: Gas fired Power Plant might be buying me out!?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 10:21:38 AM »

shop isn't in the value???  huuummm   sell it off >as is where is >at least "they" will not get something for nothing 

Goat Herder

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: WOODMASTER
  • OWF Model: HEAVY DUTY 4400
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 11:30:19 AM »

You might consider having the property appraised, and go from there.  Our property value had declined substantially from what it was worth a few years back, sold it anyway.   But think hard about getting out while the getting is good, and don't be surprised if you wood fire gets put out once the gas plant gets in production, this happened locally with some people burning trash beside a lp gas company. 

oldchenowth

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: WoodDoctor
  • OWF Model: HE 5000
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 07:33:17 AM »

I would guess they will give you slightly over market value.  Probably no where near replacement value.  You will not be able to sell it for more, no one else wants to look at the plant either.  If they do, they will want it far less than market.  It is only worth what someone is willing to pay.  The plant knows this, they are, unfortunately, in control.  Try to negotiate a little higher if you can, but I would not expect them to buckle to any demands.  Their bread is already buttered, it goes up with or without you.  They have deemed your property a nuisance lot before they broke ground.  Not trying to be an ass or rude.  I can only imagine what you must be feeling about your chosen investment for a homestead.  And how easily someone else can come in and snap it completely away. Good luck with it, I hope it falls in your favor.

fryedaddy

• OWF Brand: Hicks Water Stove
  • OWF Model: 750 Gallon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2014, 02:28:54 PM »

Like old chenowth I wouldn't try pushing it to much.

Sadly your house has already been effected and the actual market value has already declined. This happens all the time when a state
plans routes for new roads and highways.

I live near Winston-Salem, N.C., the state surveyed and made drawings available for the beltway going around Winston aver (10) years ago.
Once they did this hundreds of home owners were stuck with their properties and their home values plumeted.

It's not fair but the Country, State, Municipality, railroad and power all rule their domain.

I've seen a city claim the soil under a large (BB&T Tower) in Raleigh, N.C. was condemed so they could install anchoring systems
for a retaining wall. The owner was CONCERNED these anchoring systems may interfear with their foundation.
The city of Raleigh didn't give a F____, the owner conceded and the city moved forward.

Not fair at all in any situation. I feel for you and hope you are able to walk away with enough money in had to satisfy you.

DaveWertz

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 11:32:32 PM »

Well after all the Project manager and I spoke about he came back to me today and said that Panda/Patriot does not plan to buy any more homes that are not under contract. One thing I dont get is that a few homes werent under contract so why were they purchased? Im sooooo fed up with this BS! I hate even going home anymore. You would think that this company being privatly owned would want to make residents happy with all this. There is a big law firm in my area that deals with the gas industry and problems they bring to residents. Im going to see what they say and hopefully I have a case to pursue. I gave them the oppertunity to buy me out so I could relocate and be happy again. I flat out told them that I will not give up until Im satisfied! It sucks resorting to this but when you push me I will push back even harder win or loss!
2001 F150 7700 series
06 Honda Rincon 680. Lifted and made for MUD
09 Harley Superglide custom
Stihl Farmboss 290

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 03:48:28 AM »

Good luck Dave
Western Maine

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 05:30:23 AM »

Yes good luck Dave I hope it all works out in your favor!
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

fryedaddy

• OWF Brand: Hicks Water Stove
  • OWF Model: 750 Gallon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 09:06:58 AM »

In this case you have nothing to lose, I hope the best for you!!!

DaveWertz

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2014, 08:04:29 PM »

Thanks fellas. Going to need all the luck I can get at this point... Until then Im going to try and smoke them out hahaha  :thumbup: Im going to find some good green wood and let the Hardy rip.
2001 F150 7700 series
Stihl Farmboss 290

atvalaska

• 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 01:56:17 PM »

tire burning time  ...at nite  ...:)

DaveWertz

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2014, 10:24:55 PM »

I should. Heck that would be less pollution to the air then they will be throwing off. After some small research living next to a powerplant, even know a gas fired plant is cleaner than coal or nuc that it still throws out ALLOT of pollution. It is guranteed that my house value will drop from a min of 3-7% right off the bat and thats being generous. A lawyer friend gave me a reccomandation to a good lawyer in the area that specializes in these cases because he thinks there is a good case here to be fought. Today the project manager contacted me again and is setting a meeting up with me and his boss. Can't wait to see what this is about!?
2001 F150 7700 series
Stihl Farmboss 290

DaveWertz

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 03:33:25 AM »

I finally found out some good info with my neighbors. The lady who just moved in spilled some beans for me. She said the previous owners complained so much that panda-patriot bought them out. She said she would give me some info but I never seen nor heard from her again. Im guessing she wasn't suppose to tell me this much. See, her husband rents off panda because he works for them. Odd? Now I have friends in the real estate business and I had them look up the selling history of the house. She told me that Panda Patriot bought the house for 240k! They had it listed for 223k! Whats up with that????
2001 F150 7700 series
Stihl Farmboss 290

aries9245

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Cl6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 06:06:29 AM »

Wow that's crazy... I kinda know the feeling. They just redid all the electric power towers in my area they went from 100ft high to over 200 ft high really makes everything look like crap in a area were homes were 500,000 and up its going to be a real challenge when I'm looking to sell down the road I was looking forward to the money in my retirement
Joe
Dodge 5500 dump
Ford f450 dump
Cat 303cr excavator
Cat 246 skid steer
Kubota l4610 tractor
2 sthil farm boss saws
Homemade 4way splitter w/log lift ( the terminator)

atvalaska

• 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 01:29:20 PM »

sounds to me like.... the squeaky wheel gets the grease...  >:D

DaveWertz

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 07:04:32 PM »

Yeah it sure sounds like they weren't going to buy properties unless you approach them to me. I hate to raise hell and bring attention to me but that's just what Im going to do. My girlfriend is from South Jersey and knows some "high profile" people. She is contacting her lawyer friend and seeing what we should do from here. I guess next week they will be bringing in choppers to thread the power lines from the power station to the power plant itself. That should be neat to see. Still an eye sore!
2001 F150 7700 series
Stihl Farmboss 290
Pages: 1 [2] 3