Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Emotion of wood burning  (Read 10411 times)

doow14

• OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
Re: Emotion of wood burning
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 07:43:45 AM »

wish I could buy wood in bulk like that,around here that much logs delivered would be at least twice that much and not good quality.every time I ever bought wood they say its good mixed hardwood,but it always ends up 90% soft maple it works in milder times but it don't cut it for me in dead winter.
"Some People Don't Know, And The Problem Is They Don't Know That They Don't Know"

Fourced

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 11:18:30 AM »

I too have found that there is a deep enjoyment to cutting and burning wood. I also have a tree guy that fills my side yard with logs. I love seeing my tree guy dump a load of logs, I almost skip out there to see what wondrous wood I have received. I have found for some reason even taking a shower feels better with wood heated water.

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 11:38:00 AM »

Fourced, you make a good point about the showers.  When I have guests over, I strongly encourage them to take a shower!  I tell them, it'll be the WARMEST shower you've ever had!  But, the leave disappointed.  I figured out, that is isn't as wonderful for them, because THEY haven't paid for a $720 electric bill or cut/split/stacked a single piece of wood!!  I know how precious that warm water is and it's tougher for them to appreciate it! 
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

andyhowardcity

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 04:31:28 PM »

Can't beat the wife taking a long shower then filling up the two person jet tub to have the little guy take a bath.  I start to run out of 104 degree water when it is just below the jets :(   
Timberwolf 5000 (Installed 9/2013)
Sidearm heat exchanger (in process of being installed)
20 cords of hardwood and 10 of soft ready to go :)
Stihl MS 362
Fiskars X27

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2013, 05:39:14 PM »

im so jealous of all ya'll!!!!!! I have had a empyre pro 200 sitting at my house since at least the first of August and still don't have it hooked up  :bash: Scott is workin on getting me some parts so hopefully I will be able to finish up the install soon.

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2013, 05:42:35 PM »

I like running the washer,dishwasher,shower,jacuzzi tub and furnace all at the same time.

f150bft

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H-4
  • "Never argue with a fool" in North East Tennessee
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2013, 06:30:52 AM »

Can't beat the wife taking a long shower then filling up the two person jet tub to have the little guy take a bath.  I start to run out of 104 degree water when it is just below the jets :(

I don't get it, how are you running out of hot water? The more hot water I use...the hotter it gets. Just curious.
Husqvarna Rancher 460
Homelite Super XL
1992 F150
1970 Wheel Horse Raider 12
1966 Wheel Horse Lawn Ranger
2009 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic
N.E. Tennessee

Speed

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2013, 08:04:15 AM »

That's my experience too, the more you run the hotter it gets. I can't figure how one would run out of hot water with these?

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2013, 08:11:25 AM »

Maybe he has a ridgewood? LOL just kidding.  :bash:

andyhowardcity

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2013, 11:32:32 AM »

I've got a sidearm guys :(
Stihl MS 362
Fiskars X27

andyhowardcity

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2013, 11:42:48 AM »

So with my sidearm, I have 50 gallons of 131 degree water when we start using the water. I have a mixing valve and have set the water using my infrared gun to 104 so that we don't have any scalding issues.  By the time we go through all that showering and filling, I am guessing we have used maybe 75 gallons and the temp starts to drop to about 85 or so as the sidearm doesn't keep up.  However, after about 30 to 45 minutes I am back up to temp again.
Stihl MS 362
Fiskars X27

f150bft

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H-4
  • "Never argue with a fool" in North East Tennessee
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2013, 05:06:56 PM »

I've not had any experience with a side arm. My Hardy has a copper tube coiled up in the boiler tank and city water runs to the stove and then back to the house. The hot water heater is now a storage tank for the hot water. I have the power off at the breaker box.  If nobody uses hot water for a while then it tends to cool off in the tank. but it will get hotter as its used more. I like it1
Husqvarna Rancher 460
Homelite Super XL
1992 F150
1970 Wheel Horse Raider 12
1966 Wheel Horse Lawn Ranger
2009 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic
N.E. Tennessee

4CSTRAILS

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Dahl
  • OWF Model: 230
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2013, 05:07:27 PM »

I bought my family house from my mother 11 years ago and it had a wood stove in the basement that my father used as "extra" heat with the oil furnace. I remember being in high school and hated helping with cutting and stacking wood. After I bought the house I vowed to never burn wood because it would have  to be updated, the one chimney flue to two for insurance purposes. I have 40 acres that is over half wooded plus another full wooded 40 acres a half mile down the road. Now I am thinking "what is wrong with me?". We are paying $2000 a winter to heat with oil! OWB is the answer. I am sure my father would be happy that I am using his property and his investments to keep his kids and grandkids warm. He planted over 3000 trees on the two 40's in the 1970's. He must have known something. He passed away in 1999 and at the time my buying the house was not even an option. The emotion of wood burning is VERY strong here.(my 9 year old son does not know what is planned for him yet) LOL

scarface77

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: earth outdoor wood furnace
  • OWF Model: mountain man 500
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2013, 09:01:18 PM »

:post:!!! Besides the metal roof I had installed on my home the earth outdoor furnace was by far the best investment as a home owner! The fear of how heat the home weather its oil or electric was a true frustration and agony! My father always wanted a outdoor furnace for many years and god rest his soul that's how I realised this is the only way to go and I haven't regret one moment of the decision on how to heat my home and family! This website made the whole process a sweet success and very enjoyable learning process! Thanks to all involved and happy burning!!!
Earth Outdoor Wood Furnace Mountain Man 500
Huskee 35 ton log splitter
Stihl ms 290 chainsaw
Pages: 1 2 [3]