Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: plumbing in a kickplate heater  (Read 1542 times)

Farmer85

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Earth
  • OWF Model: Rancher 365
    • View Profile
plumbing in a kickplate heater
« on: September 25, 2016, 04:17:44 PM »

I will be adding a kick plate heater in my kitchen and hoping for some advice. It gets a little colder in that part of the house and I just want something to help out a bit. I can tee off my main heat loop which runs right below kitchen floor. I would have to run like 10' total of pipe or less from main loop back. I noticed they make a venturi tube that could be used. I assume these restrict main loop. so to do it right I assume I need to tee in to main line and return tee within 18''? I could add a small circulator and put a line voltage thermostat controlling the little circulator? I have read to install a purge tee and ball valve? could someone walk me through how this should be done. Im in the process of re doing my setup and would like to add this in while my system is drained and down. also the heater I am looking at accepts 1/2'' I believe. so whats the best way to reduce down if I use the circulator? Thanks a lot 
Sullivan Mo
Earth rancher 365
Stihl ms250,ms260pro,ms290,ms034,ms460
Skidsplitter,gas powered splitter and shiny mall

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: plumbing in a kickplate heater
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 10:23:25 PM »

If you want water always flowing through it then you can probably use a mono flow tee. (this may be what you had seen?) If you want flow only when it is putting out heat, you would need a pump and normal tees.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: plumbing in a kickplate heater
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 03:22:13 AM »

The purge tee and ball valve are for purging the air out of the loop, send water out to the kick space heater by opening the isolation flanges on your circ, close the return ball valve and open the purge port, when you have no air in the loop close the purge port and open the return valve.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.