Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Heatmaster, Central Boiler, or Portage and Main  (Read 4648 times)

smokingun26710

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Heatmaster, Central Boiler, or Portage and Main
« on: October 28, 2012, 08:05:38 PM »

Im in the market for a new outdoor wood stove.  Ive narrowed my choices to the Heatmaster MF5000, the CB CL5036, and the Portage and Main ML30.  Ive owned a CB CL 5036 before and liked it but Im a bit leary because all the reviews Ive read stating leaks were discovered along with poor customer service.  The ML30 appears to be a quality product but Im not sure its worth $1000 more than the other two.  Kinda leaning towards the Heatmaster with its lifetime warranty at this time.  Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.  I live in the mountains of West Virginia.  My new home will be approximately 2500 sq. ft.  There are no P & M dealers in my area.  Again, all opinions would be appreciated.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Heatmaster, Central Boiler, or Portage and Main
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 08:34:13 PM »

All good choices, I'm a heatmaster dealer and only live about 20 miles from west Virginia. 

Sent ya a message

Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

woodfuel

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: cl5036
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 06:59:23 PM »

Where's the reviews/ pics of the 5036 leaks?

Elevoff

• OWF Brand: Still looking for one
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 05:52:47 AM »

I am curious what boiler you wond up with. I have my choices narrowed down to the Portage and Main Ultimizer BL-28-40 or the Heatmaster MF3000e. I've only seen the P & M on the interweb, so it's kind of hard to choose without seeing it in person. I feel like stainless is the better choice. After all, lots of industrial boilers are made from stainless.

ford tech

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: hardy
  • OWF Model: h2 2003 - 2014 CB 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 10:31:02 AM »

I have seen post about the 5036 leaking around the round braces that they weld between the two tanks. My neighbors leaked after about 5 years of use, but I know of other people that have had no problems w/ theirs.
stihl ms460
stihl 36pro
farmall h
HARDY H2 heating 1600sqft home and 42x42 insulated MORTON shop floor heat - installing a cb 6048