Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: December  (Read 2873 times)

coolidge

• View Profile
December
« on: December 30, 2013, 05:24:26 PM »

I don't know about everyone else but my woodpile took a good hit this month, I will be around 1.5 cords just for December, Hope the rest of the heating season isn't like that. Better than oil though.
Western Maine

SKAMPO

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Nature Comfort
  • OWF Model: 175
    • View Profile
Re: December
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 05:29:37 PM »

It's been colder than normal here in Michigan also. Likewise I've burned a good deal of wood so far also, but it's way better than propane. Couldn't begin to afford to keep the house 74* when it's 5* outside.

Brad

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 06:22:17 PM »

I have been thinking the same. It's been dang cold here in Mn as well and my pile is sure going fast. I'm just hoping I can get to mid February with what I have stacked. Hopefully by that time the weather will be better and less snow to get to the woods and get more. It was seasonably warm here last Saturday and I felt like I better go try and add a little to the pile. Now were back in the freezer for awhile.   Stay warm everyone!!
Aitkin, Minnesota

ITO

• OWF Brand: HS1
  • OWF Model: 555
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 08:02:30 PM »

Same thoughts here in No. WI, have 37" of snow on the ground and this morning had -24 F, my wood shed is looking like it took an extra hit and there is no way I can get out and retrieve more at this point, will have to see what ma nature throws down for 2014.

LittleJohn

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 2400
  • Lonsdale, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 08:20:26 AM »

I have already gone thru 6 cords, but most of it was Junk wood (basswood, poplar, birch & misc slab wood); recently switched over to hard wood cause temps were in the low negative teens and boiler would not hold fire.  Since switch wood pile doesnt seem to disappear as fast

BoilerHouse

• OWF Brand: Home Built
  • OWF Model: Fire Tube/Water Tube
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 12:48:40 PM »

Lots of cold and lots of snow in Central Ontario, just the way winter should be!
Muskoka, Ont

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 03:12:42 PM »

I started mine up the monday before thanksgiving. Prob went through a half cord since living in central ohio.

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 05:55:42 PM »

COLD heating season so far here in New Hampshire. Been through 4 Cords so far starting on October 28th. Mostly Maple, beach and white birch.

doow14

• OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 05:59:47 AM »

1/2 cord that's great,I started up oct 20 been thru about 3 cord in n.e Ohio.It really pays to have an efficient stove.What brand are you using?
"Some People Don't Know, And The Problem Is They Don't Know That They Don't Know"

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 08:22:24 AM »

I'm thankful for the ground cover called snow.  It should slow the progression of frost into the ground some, I hope.  I think I've gone through a little over a couple of cord of wood since mid-October when I fired her up for the season.  Looking at the weather forecast, it appears by Saturday morning the temps may reach into the minus 20's.  Plus, another snowstorm on it's way tomorrow into Friday.  You folks south of the Lakes Region in NH, you may get a good 18 inches of it by the time it's done.  It's exercising that unit I have in my avatar.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire