Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger for sale  (Read 2878 times)

joepol

• OWF Brand: none
  • OWF Model: none
    • View Profile
Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger for sale
« on: March 12, 2013, 02:03:43 PM »

WHITLOCK HI-TRANSFER HEAT EXCHANGER

Here is an awesome unit for a low-loss heating exchange for your outdoor wood boiler network.
I used one on a system with a custom cedar home and large shop plus RV garage on heated slab, with heated brick paving landscaped all around the decks, patios, breezeway, outdoor hot tub and never shorted the 50 gal. domestic water maker and 2600 sq. ft. home. located in Nothwestern PA. country. This unit is an extra spare, never used, and will out perform mostly all exchangers manufactured by the boiler mfgs. and subs.This is an industrial duty unit purchased in Baltimore from a private contact that engineers the mechanical systems at 3M company, and helped me with my plans and a purchase deal. I paid $3,600. per unit back in 1999. It has been stored in my shop since.

If you are wondering if 90/10 copper nickel alloy is good for corosion resistance than like stainless steel then you should read the technical information on the following link. It is in fact superior to stainless and used in seawater desalinizations and chemical plants just to name a few. This will likely outlast every other component on your syatem ,,including you! So instead of paying the big buck for your firebox and screwing around with finding a "cheap this" and a "cheap that"and working your experiments to make "this and that" perform better- do it right the first time and check the heat exchanger off your list! Gee! How did I come to learn that?

http://www.nickelinstitute.org/~/Media/Files/TechnicalLiterature/Copper_NickelAlloys_PropertiesandApplications_12007_.pdf[/url]

The price is $1,500.   I can pallet freight it for an extra minimal charge. Weight with pallet will be approx 200 lbs.

KETEMA
MODEL- 9 N BN / 90 / 10 CV NI
SIZE- 9-W-30
TYPE- MHTR-4-S-CB
TEMP- 300F
SERIAL- # WT912258/ 13

Email reply dated 2-6-13 from manufacturer rep regarding my inquiry into the market value of this unit:

Sir,

This unit has 90/10 Cu/Ni tubes and would sell new today for about $5,840. Shell is brass material.

Best Regards,

Brian Sanom

Manager Industrial Sales

Basco | Serck

Office:  +1.716.684.9730 ext 2232

Web: api-thermasys.com

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:59:45 PM by joepol »