Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: new heatmor and having huge issues  (Read 117566 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: new heatmor and having huge issues
« Reply #210 on: February 17, 2014, 05:52:01 AM »

I don't think it will be that bad if she does it once a week or so but it is very time consuming and it's a good thing she asked for help before it got much worse, she was told to clean the tubes a couple of times a season.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #211 on: February 17, 2014, 06:08:27 AM »

Do lemon laws apply to OWB's?  ;)
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #212 on: February 17, 2014, 06:20:50 AM »

I really don't think it's a lemon but I do feel that it was not properly sold and the homeowner was taken advantage of, like a politician I sometimes wonder how some people can sleep at night, she is now on the right path and today I will be contacting Heatmor to ask for written permission to make the adjustments that I have suggested, I do appreciate those of you here on the forum putting up with our long winded posts and helping keep this thread alive as I believe it will force the hand of the manufacturer to take care of the customer, I do not look at it as bashing corporate, only trying to get some answers and we all know they have been given ample opportunity to solve the problems and as many manufacturers do, they blame the issues on user errors.

ITO

• OWF Brand: HS1
  • OWF Model: 555
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 17, 2014, 06:49:32 AM »

Slim you have gone the extra mile on this one, just this thread says a lot about your drive to satisfy the customer (in this case not even your customer), if someone in your area doesn't at least give you a shot at selling them their next boiler they are losing out IMHO.
 Still not sure about that rope you always push LOL.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2014, 06:55:24 AM »

I've got to learn to take the cigar out of my mouth before reading your replies, thanks a lot for the kind words again and I know most of you guys would do the same if she were in your area.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2014, 07:27:44 AM »

Good news Roxann, I just spoke with Mike @ Heatmor, he will be sending me the aqua-stat and new honeywell high limit today and has asked me to bill him for my services' I will be back to change those out when I get them, ETA wednesday. In the meantime he asked me to get you to remove the fan cover and also remove about 6 inches of the weatherstripping on the bottom of the door to allow more air to the fan' this we think will allow faster recovery of the water temp, please be careful of overheating and let me know if the temp recovers faster.

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 17, 2014, 07:47:07 AM »

I am SO glad that slim has finally been able to infiltrate the heatmor company and is now working on getting roxann to have a boiler that works like it should, very awesome stuff! I am interested to hear that this unit is not a gasser but is advertised as one as well as it was able to pass the particulate limits of the phase 2 requirements without actually gassing. It must require very dry wood to be able to pass this test.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2014, 07:57:13 AM »

I think our B-L series would also pass and would be willing to bet that Heatmaster would as well but with the new rules coming in and the EXTREME costs to certify, it is very difficult to justify, look at the run that Heatmaster and P+M are giving CB without certification, I know there are a lot of B-L's leaving the factory bound for LIBERTY minded states and provinces!

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 18, 2014, 08:24:00 AM »

Roxann, No news is good news? Love the pictures. My house looked like yours did in the 20's. We don't know how long it had been abandoned for when the picture was taken and an article written in the Daughters of the American Revolution magazine.

http://books.google.com/books?id=cH4mAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA150&lpg=PA150&dq=daughters+of+the+american+revolution+henry+parkinson&source=bl&ots=uzqQXykwAI&sig=g1dx7F1DXwhZ2dvfI_KMypBQIdQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=1noDU_S-CvKwsQTA74DwCA&ved=0CCQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=daughters%20of%20the%20american%20revolution%20henry%20parkinson&f=false

roxann

• OWF Brand: heatermor
  • OWF Model: 200ssr11
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 18, 2014, 11:39:47 AM »

neat link thanks for sharing  ;D  not sure how old this house is .  not so good news  house is cold don't understand  :bash: my opinion
 last week was cold and windy house was warm. sooooo warm  had  ceiling fan on. looked at stove @ 2.00 am stove temp was  171-- 64 in house blower wasn't blowing turned the blower off and opended the door then outside light came on  and blower came on is that supposed to do that???   no fire in box.. black smokey wood i poked it went to bed house @6.30 am was 59 temp on unit 173 blower  running..cleaned ashes house is at 70 with propane  help stoves at 164
slim I didn't make that  cut    I didn't see where to cut..

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #220 on: February 18, 2014, 11:48:48 AM »

Roxann, when you open the front door, see the foam weatherstripping around the door, remove about 6 inches of it to allow air in when the door is closed, the light coming back on and blower starting is because the boiler overheated again and it went off on overheat, typically it then takes 30 degree drop in temp to reset the over limit switch in the back, this will change when we change to the old style overlimit.

lindnova

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 200 CSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 18, 2014, 12:28:40 PM »

<looked at stove @ 2.00 am stove temp was  171-- 64 in house blower wasn't blowing turned the blower off and opended the door then outside light came on  and blower came on is that supposed to do that???>

I am a little confused, but it sounds like the outside furnace was at 171 without the blower on.  That should be normal.  Then you flipped the switch (I can't remember if it is up or down) which should turn on the light and either turn off or not allow the combustion fan to turn on, but the light came on AND the fan also?  The fan should not ever be on when the light is on. 

The blower would not go on in overheat mode either, especially if the fire was in smother mode with black wood.  Just to be sure, we are talking about the service light (to see at night while loading) on the outside right?

What happened when you flipped the switch off?  Did the light go off?  What did the fan do?  Sounds like some wires are crossed!

I don't think it really matters what it is in the house, (other than you freezing) but what is important is the temp and fan on the outside unit.  That is where your problem is.
Stihl ms260, ms362, msS461
Huskee 22 TN Splitter
Kubota BX2200 w/ Loader

roxann

• OWF Brand: heatermor
  • OWF Model: 200ssr11
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2014, 10:24:19 AM »

when I flipped the switch off the blower and light came on

temp on unit is 184 blower is on house is 72
I got wood 1.7 cords jan 30th just about burnt threw it all

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2014, 11:32:50 AM »

It is pretty obvious that somebody blew it in wiring the unit, we will check all wiring when the new aqua-stat and over limit switch arrives. My original thought was that the over limit had tripped and Mike at Heatmor says he thinks the differential is set at 20 degrees and not adjustable, the way that I found the love control was temp set at 185 and for some reason the low at 200 and you need a password to change it, he has given that to me now.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 20, 2014, 07:24:57 AM »

It is pretty obvious that somebody blew it in wiring the unit, we will check all wiring when the new aqua-stat and over limit switch arrives. My original thought was that the over limit had tripped and Mike at Heatmor says he thinks the differential is set at 20 degrees and not adjustable, the way that I found the love control was temp set at 185 and for some reason the low at 200 and you need a password to change it, he has given that to me now.

What a mess

Glad ur helping slim

If I bought an own and my home was 59-64 I'd be ready to kill

Why is the home staying so cold?

My wife would knock me out if ours was ever under 73
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33