Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Warranty very sloooooow  (Read 5236 times)

coonsrich@yahoo.com

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: WoodDoctor
  • OWF Model: BP 8000
    • View Profile
Warranty very sloooooow
« on: December 30, 2011, 08:07:11 PM »

My 4 year old unit sprung a leak in firebox November 23 and put the fire out.  5 weeks and 2 days later I still am waiting for a repair liner which Arthur was going to have shipped on Nov 23.  Promises, promises.  I am planning to find parts locally and fix so I can use boiler before July 4th heating season.  Totally discusted. Wood doctors 3 phone numbers are full of messages and unable to leave message. Worthless system to customers.   >:( Worst investment I've made in 66 years.

HappyCmpr

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Warranty very sloooooow
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 06:32:17 AM »

Try the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.  Spoke with them yesterday - their contact info is on the internet.  They've got a fraud division and according to the guy I spoke with they're pretty serious about their warranties and fraud in general.  Arthur's name should be popping up pretty soon when he tries one of his frequent border crossings.    Good luck.  (I'm 4 months waiting for a refund on a boiler that wont be built.)

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 12:07:35 PM »

My 4 year old unit sprung a leak in firebox November 23 and put the fire out.  5 weeks and 2 days later I still am waiting for a repair liner which Arthur was going to have shipped on Nov 23.  Promises, promises.  I am planning to find parts locally and fix so I can use boiler before July 4th heating season.  Totally discusted. Wood doctors 3 phone numbers are full of messages and unable to leave message. Worthless system to customers.   >:( Worst investment I've made in 66 years.
chances are wood doctor (if they ever respond) will send you a rolled piece of plate that you will have to weld in...you might as well hve a shop roll you a piece locally and have them install it as well (unless you are capable of doing this yourself) make sure your patch is the same steel (you may have a stainless firebox?)
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

coonsrich@yahoo.com

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 04:41:57 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I am picking up mild steel tomorrow to roll and weld in rear of boiler.  My sons unit rusted out in 2 years mine in 4 years.  Wood doctor used boiler plate so they say but I have talked to several welders and machinists and they say 1/4 mild steel will work well for a patch.  I will call the RCMP and FBI to report the fraud of Arthur Turple.  Thanks

woodman

• OWF Brand: hawken
  • OWF Model: he1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 03:50:03 PM »

Wow, that is just terrible! 2 units in the same family that failed within 4 years. I hope you can have it repaired quickly and correctly. My question is what is the design difference that causes so many wood doctor failures? Is it just the quality of steel, or is incorrect water chemistry? 

coonsrich@yahoo.com

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 07:57:08 PM »

When boilers were purchased we were told we could extend chimney.  So we both put a 10 foot section of well pipe non-insulated on top of the 16 inch factory chimney.  Turns out the year after we made the purchase wooddoctor started to insulate their 16 inch chimney and recommended only adding insulated ss chimney.  With a non insulated chimney the water from the burning wood condenses on cold pipe and returns to the fire box mixes with ash and creosote and you have steel cancer.  Air dried firewood usually is about 20 % moisture or 20 pounds of water per 100 pounds of wood.  So now we are repairing the boilers, replacing the steel chimney with insulated ss chimney.  Also in 2009 Wooddoctor recommended we add anodes to the boiler water to prevent corrosion from within the boiler water.  This was quite a job but is was accomplished at our expense.  Hopefully this will prevent future problems.  Thanks for all the comments, Rich

Arthur Turple

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 05:22:59 PM »

Read: What really happened to Wood Doctor by the President on this blog.
All Wood Doctor's for the past 9 years have been manufactured by Silverwinds Hutterite Colony.
They are located at Box 159 Sperling, Manatoba, R0G 2M0
Phone 204-626-3485 or 204-626-3381   or 204-750-1011
Fax 204-626-3326
zacksr@silverwindsmetals.com   or  zacksr@polarfurnaces.com  Zack Sr is one of the ministers at the colony.  Contact him, as
I do not think that Zack Sr. will lie for his son, Neil Hoofer.
Silverwinds Colony did a Hostile takeover of part of my distribution and has stopped building our furnaces and stopped honoring warranties.
Their 5 year warranty is shown at www.wooddoctor.com
The claim form is located there.
They changed the name to Polar Furnace Mfg. Inc.
They are responsible for all repairs for the first 5 years.
They are not doing well as a customer in New Brunswick has been waiting for his replacement furnace to arrive since before Christmas.
His name and contact are on my testimony on the blog.

THERE IS AN ANSWER TO THIS STEADY FAILURE OF FURNACES IN OUR INDUSTRY.
The answer will be on our website by May 1, 2012.
www.wooddoctor.com
Arthur Turple, pres.
Wood Doctor

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:26:44 PM by Arthur Turple »

TheBoiler

• OWF Brand: Garn
  • OWF Model: WHS2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 09:33:47 PM »

As he is relaunching tomorrow presumably the first priority will be to satisfy outstanding warranty issues.

rclay1981

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Tennessee Outdoor Furnace
  • OWF Model: Hoss 600HE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 07:20:32 PM »

THOUGHT WE WAS GOING TO LEARN THE ANSWER TO THIS STEADY FAILURE OF FURNACES IN THE INDUSTRY TODAY

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
question for arthur
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 03:15:31 PM »

I see on your website that you are selling a pressurized boiler now? is this boiler low enough pressure that it needs no state or provincial inspection or is this something that will need to be done yearly? How many pounds pressure do these boilers run at? who is building them for you, if they must be certified then they must be built by a certified company?
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada