Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Trying to figure out thermostat?  (Read 3113 times)

first winter

• View Profile
Trying to figure out thermostat?
« on: October 06, 2010, 06:55:08 PM »

Hello All!  Nice site you have here!  I recently bought a house that has a Heat Mor OWB with a heat exchanger inside a operating propane forced air furnace.  From what the owner told me is the propane is a backup and that the OWB would be the first source of heat.  I fired up the OWB today and it got up to temp such that the combustion blowers shut off…but when I went to turn on the heat at the thermostat the propane was still firing the furnace…as viewed by flame inside the furnace.  We have an Invensys thermostat.  Not sure if anyone has any ideas to make the OWB be the main source.  I guess the best test would be to shut off the valve to the propane tank.  Well Im rambling on…any ideas?

Thanks,

Carl

first winter

• View Profile
Re: Trying to figure out thermostat?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 04:41:05 AM »

Thanks for the views everyone...I think Ive gotten it figured out as I found a wiring diagram and it looks like I just have to switch the "propane" relay to 2nd stage and the "OWB" to the first.

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 06:57:30 PM »

Well,I'm glad you were able to get it all figured out.We all love pics around here.Got any of that set up of yours you would like to share?
Have a good one. :thumbup:
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 08:36:00 AM »

I was going to say, the most common installation with an existing and working forced air unit is to run the OWB as "emergency heat" on the thermostat.