Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: 2 speed blower?  (Read 1424 times)

powerstroke

• OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: Series 290
    • View Profile
2 speed blower?
« on: January 03, 2012, 08:44:46 PM »

Just thinkin..........when the furnace temp drops to set temp and calls for forced air, why wouldn't there be some way to have the fan come on full speed (like normal), but then after 2 or 3 minutes cut back to say half speed to eliminate alot of heat being blown up the stack?  This would work great especially on warmer days where the wood has been smoldering for hours and needs "hit" hard with air to bring it back to life but then have just enough air to keep the coals sustained without going overboard.  There must be some sort of relay or fan speed control that could be set up and timed that would make this idea work.  I know that if I have my fan speed set about 50% and the furnace hasn't cycled for awhile, it seems that it takes forever for it to get the wood burning like a champ.  But once it is burning it burns awesome without having the fan full bore pumping heat out the stack.  There has to be some sort of happy medium on having to much forced air and just the right amount.  Any thoughts on this guys?
Stihl 310 20" bar

Stihl 391 25" bar

Homelite  14" bar

Shaver Pro Series 290

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: 2 speed blower?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 10:10:39 PM »

I was thinking the opposite would be better. Lol
My theory was that a lot of air on a smoldering fire caused all the smoke when it is starting a cycle. I never tested it so don't know though, maybe you are right.

The easiest way would probably be to use a second solenoid and air flap. Would be pretty easy to get working.