Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: checking water  (Read 2779 times)

rosewood

• View Profile
checking water
« on: January 14, 2010, 03:49:02 PM »

just wondering what u other guys are doing about checking your waters ph , i have been useing my swimming pools 6-way test kit to ck ph ,alk,hardness. i had to add acid a few times since i filled water in nov. when i finished stove. not sure what else needs to be ckd. my biggest concern is my flat plate. cost to much to get eatin up. also does anyone flush and drain flateplate at end of season?

R W Ohio

• View Profile
Re: checking water
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 06:19:30 AM »

In the stove that our son built,we used the water treatment that Woodmaster sells. Used it at the rate they suggested for there stoves and the Ph came out at 8and 1/2 to 9 Ph.We don't know what it needs to be for sure but hope this is ok.
R W Ohio
Canal Fulton,Oh.
Hawken Energy GH1000 Installed 8/10/06

ARE

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 02:27:19 PM »

I know you want it slightly basic (greater then 7) but not to high. 7 is considered neutral and anything below that (acidic) will chew at steel. I think my manual says 8 - 8.5 if I remember correctly?
CB E-Classic 2300

rosewood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 02:55:08 PM »

r.w. after reading your post, i checked the instructions that came with flateplate, it says proper ph min 7.4 and no greater then 8 . i have been staying around 7.8   instructions don't say anything about storage maintenance.  so i dont know if i should drain or leave full .

R W Ohio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 04:12:13 PM »

Tim,
It looks to me like you are in the range that the flatplate mfg. is looking for.If it were mine I wouldn't do anything at all.
You say that they want between 7.4 and 8.0 and you are at 7.8 I don't see where there is any problem.
Ron

R W Ohio
Canal Fulton,Oh.
Hawken Energy GH1000 Installed 8/10/06