Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ......Just spent another $5K to support my wood-burning addiction  (Read 4861 times)

kommandokenny

• OWF Brand: woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
  • smokem if ya gottem NEAR NORTH ONTARIO
    • View Profile
Re: ......Just spent another $5K to support my wood-burning addiction
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 12:49:19 PM »

Oh ya, wife is on board and likes riding the 4 wheeler [she's ex H.D. rider]
Face Chords go for 80-100 bucks around here.

8)

PARRY SOUND ONTARIO
2012 RAPTOR
NORTON COMMANDO
H.D. ROAD KING
Sthil 026,038
Echo CS 310 [grandaughters]
SWISHER 22 TON
CANAM 850 tracked
GREAT DANE X 3

cando attitude

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 08:40:05 PM »

What's a bit ironic about all my spending is that basically I'm known by friends & family as tighta$$.  Before I got the boiler, I had the thermostat set in the 60's, yelling at the kids for taking too long of showers etc, etc, etc.  Hell, the wifie used to run around the house in Pj's, housecoat and my wool hunting socks.

At least now with the boiler, we live high on the hog with extended showers and a comfie house in the 70's.  And the best part of all.... I accidentally learned that If I crank up the heat a little higher on occasion, I can cook her right out of those jammies and get her to run around the house in something I find a little easier on the eyes.....she complains about it being too hot every now and then..............I just tell her that it's new and I'm trying to figure things out >:D >:D

Cando
Producing a little smoke, here in  South Central Ohio....
Echo CS 400
Jonsered 2255
Case 35B
Dirty hands splitter
2013 3500 Duramax

Shrek1112

• OWF Brand: Hawken Energy
  • OWF Model: HE-2100
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 09:46:47 PM »

Cando you sound like me, with the ranting and raving about long showers and the T-stat prior to the OWF.  Plus, I am going to have to try the "cooking" trick out at our house  ;) ;):post:
Mid- Michigan (Spartan Country)
Stihl MS-250
Stihl MS-391
Huskee 35 Ton
Chevy 1500 Crew
13 & 15 year old work force

ijon

• OWF Brand: Portage and main
  • OWF Model: 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2015, 05:25:14 AM »

What's a bit ironic about all my spending is that basically I'm known by friends & family as tighta$$.  Before I got the boiler, I had the thermostat set in the 60's, yelling at the kids for taking too long of showers etc, etc, etc.  Hell, the wifie used to run around the house in Pj's, housecoat and my wool hunting socks.

At least now with the boiler, we live high on the hog with extended showers and a comfie house in the 70's.  And the best part of all.... I accidentally learned that If I crank up the heat a little higher on occasion, I can cook her right out of those jammies and get her to run around the house in something I find a little easier on the eyes.....she complains about it being too hot every now and then..............I just tell her that it's new and I'm trying to figure things out >:D >:D  You sly dog.

Cando
installed in 2014

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 05:30:43 AM »

I hear you guys lol
Boiler- 12,000 with msc tools
Tractor with FEL and BH-27,000
New utility trailer to pull tractor and wood-1500
3/4 ton diesel truck to pull all said above-50,000 invested
1986 1/2 ton to pull said above because diesel truck is to nice to get all dirty and scratched up. 4,000
Chain saw- 1,000
Log splitter- 4,600
WOW. Don't like the looks of those numbers but wouldn't take back all the fun and toys for the world.

aries9245

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Cl6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2015, 06:49:05 AM »

At least now with the boiler, we live high on the hog with extended showers and a comfie house in the 70's.  And the best part of all.... I accidentally learned that If I crank up the heat a little higher on occasion, I can cook her right out of those jammies and get her to run around the house in something I find a little easier on the eyes.....she complains about it being too hot every now and then..............I just tell her that it's new and I'm trying to figure things out >:D >:D

:thumbup: I Love It..

Cando
Joe
Dodge 5500 dump
Ford f450 dump
Cat 303cr excavator
Cat 246 skid steer
Kubota l4610 tractor
2 sthil farm boss saws
Homemade 4way splitter w/log lift ( the terminator)
Pages: 1 [2]