Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: member supply links  (Read 2302 times)

oldchenowth

member supply links
« on: October 02, 2011, 07:35:01 AM »

I am not sure I worded the subject line correctly.  I am looking for links to some of the members here that are selling stoves and/or parts.  Fittings, exchangers, pex, etc.  I know this could open up to a real mess if not thought out.  I would just as soon buy from some of the people that have been handing me out free advice that they would normally get paid for.  I have come to trust those on this site and their expertise, I would just as soon buy some of my products from them as someone that has done nothing to earn my respect let alone my cash. 

Maybe make it that noone without 50 or 75 posts can add their link to the list so as to filter leeches that just post their crap without contributing to the better cause.  I had in mind just business links, not sales pitches.  Just my feeble attempt at an idea.

Ridgekid

Re: member supply links
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 08:26:42 AM »

There are at least two: www.yoderheating.com and www.freeheatstore.com from members on this site. (Sorry if I missed anyone)

Not sure the Admin would want to support any one "distributor" as it could cause problems. (Liability and conflict of interest) Not sure what rules applied if they went to the For Sale forum and advertised thier services. 

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 06:04:30 PM »

This is not a bad idea oldchenowth, I agree that it would be better to support our friends and members first. Some other sites I go to have a "site supporter" area with links to their web pages and they kick in a few bucks a year to help with server costs. No sales pitch just a link and info on what is available.
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

beeman

• OWF Brand: homemade
  • OWF Model: her name is HOT CHICK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 08:14:04 AM »

ridgekid i like the pic of your stove , but have to ask is that your deer stand to the right :thumbup:
work like a bee  1970 mgb stihl 029

Ridgekid

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 08:27:27 AM »

No it's not. It's something we built for the kids back in 1991. A year before we had our house built. It's a tree house. Underneath is a open storage area. Hopefully our Grandson will have some interest in playing in it when he gets big enough to climb the steps on the west side. He's only three months old, so it will be a few years. Grandpa going to have to go over it and make sure it's still safe for him to use. I replaced the outdoor decking on it a few years ago.