Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Manufacturer List  (Read 21239 times)

PhinPhan

• OWF Brand: WoodMaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnace Info
Manufacturer List
« on: March 25, 2008, 06:24:26 AM »

Does everyone like having the list of manufacturer's on the message board or would you prefer to just have a couple of more general categories?
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

adamant

• View Profile
    • my pic site
Re: Manufacturer List
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 03:18:38 PM »

list of manufacturer's work for me..
gas forced hot air/gas hot water
buck supreme insert 2/14/1991 to 2/21 2007 (rip)
LOPI freedom bay insert. (present)
central boiler classic 6048

NEW JERSEY

what we do on the weekends
http://community.webshots.com/user/adamant117

http://adamant.pictiger.com/

Cowboy727

• Central Boiler 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 07:22:49 AM »

Just a list of manufactures is ok.  :)

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 07:44:02 PM »

list may be a good  thing..we  could  see votes  for  and  against by  real  owners
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 11:00:38 AM »

phinphan, didn't see a spot for the "Johnson" woodboiler owners. looked at them at one time. they looked pretty good!
woodmaster 434 since 2002, 612 gal. storage stss; super splitt;stihl ms360.

RX7145

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 12:39:55 AM »

There are so many it would be a big fourm if everyone had a sub-fourm.  I say just have the "big" names in there own fourm.
Stihl 0011AV
Stihl 009
Stihl MS170
Stihl MS290 20' Bar
CB 4436

Dave in NE Ohio

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 08:55:12 AM »

Being one of the newer members of this forum, I dont want to suggest any changes to what seems to be working for all you guys. I do, however, have an observation to make and PhinPhan can evaluate it for what its worth.

I believe that the forum division by mfg. is a good thing for subjects that pertain ONLY to one particular brand of boiler and NOT to other brands.  Most issues, however, might better be broken down by topics as they relate to the OWB technology in general.

For example, the Woodmaster guys, naturally, will tend to gravitate to the Woodmaster group, but might have much to gain from guys in the Central Boiler group who are discussing heat exchangers. If ALL those guys were to input to a "heat exchanger" oriented topic, there would be less having to search all over the forum for info on heat exchangers. The subject of PEX line burial, insulation, waterproofing, protection, length, etc. pertains to all brands of boilers, not just Johnsons or Shavers, and would better be kept in its own subject category. Breaking threads down by manufacturer will lead to duplicate postings on those technical issues that aren't necessarily brand specific. I think you get the idea.

What is the answer here? Not sure. Maybe just that those of us who seem to be assuming the role of "charter members" be aware of this in our initial postings and post accordingly. Having a good "search" feature on the forum will be valuable for visitors to be able to pull out threads based on keywords.

As all forms of liquid and gas fuel become even more expensive in the future, there will surely be an increasing number of people out there who will be looking for alternatives. They will be searching for information on OWB technology Google will inevitably bring them here. They will be questioning our methods, decisions, and logic, and depending on our observations and input. With a little forethought and planning, we can deliver that information in an organized fashion.

It was wise of PhinPhan to ask this question, because the function of this forum, as I percieve it, is both to grow the technology of OWBs in general AND to discuss pros and cons of different brands.

R W Ohio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 10:05:12 AM »

Dave,

Welcome to the site.

You have posted some good ideas that could help all of us here and also any newcomers to Outdoor Wood Furnace Info.

Thanks,
RW
R W Ohio
Canal Fulton,Oh.
Hawken Energy GH1000 Installed 8/10/06

PhinPhan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 06:17:33 PM »

Dave,

You definitely have very good points and something’s to think about.  This is the kind of input we need to make a better and more resourceful site for everyone.  Even if we have to rework the entire forum I just want this site to be helpful to everyone and easy to find info.  Any input is welcome and appreciated.

Dave - did you get my email I sent to you a couple of days ago?
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

Dave in NE Ohio

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 03:16:04 PM »

yessir! 5/28/08.

javascript:void(0);
Thumbs Up :thumbup:

For some reason I feel compelled to learn how to use these smiley things. The last one I used didnt work right.

javascript:void(0);
Embarrassed :-[

Scratch

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CB6048
    • View Profile
    • Edge Metalworks
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 10:46:06 PM »

I know I'm a newbie to the site, but I've been around forums for a while so I thought I'd put in my .02 also...

I like the idea of having manufacturer sections, but I'm also afraid of someone in the Shaver section, posting a tip or design on their... let's say plumbing layout or zone valve or whatever, and because I have a Classic, I may miss that bit if info.

Probably not since I'll be clicking on the "Show unread posts since last visit" link every time I log on, but some people may not know about that link.

I also feel there should be a section for plumbing since I think it's a big part of the system and is common to all makes and models of OWB's.  There's alot of different parts to consider:  Mixing valves, Pex, zone valves, pumps, design, fasteners, leak testing....

Either way, I'm just glad I found this site, and I hope more do as well.  I know I've learned a ton of stuff from forums, and am expecting to learn from this one as well. :thumbup:
Hudson, WI

PhinPhan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 06:01:29 AM »

Hi Scratch,

I think a plumbing section is a great idea.  I actually never thought of that as a section but it makes sense, since that is one of the most critical pieces to an OWB system.
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

MyLeakyWoodDoctor

• MyIcyLeggedWoodDoctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 10:30:38 AM »

Could you get Global Hydronics in the main index?
 ???

PhinPhan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 11:03:58 AM »

I have added Aqua-Therm and Global Hydronics to the list.
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

j845125

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 06:37:40 PM »

How about a section just for electronics, ie aquastats, thermostats, fan controls, transformers, pumps, blowers, wiring...?
Pages: [1] 2 3