Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: fan damper  (Read 12377 times)

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
Re: fan damper
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2018, 08:35:36 AM »

What kind of diffencial you guys are using?

10-15

Range91

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: ultimizer 34-44 shaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2018, 05:37:50 PM »

185 set point 5-6 diff. My stove recovers fast at this temp and if I let it do a long burn it starts to boil pretty bad

Revx1000

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: P/m
  • OWF Model: Ultimizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2018, 08:33:31 PM »

I run mine at 180 out with a 6 diff  when I first set it up 5 years ago I tried a number of setting found the 180 mark to work the best for me. My heater is 85 ft from the building . With Temps running -15 and up I will add once a day 24 hour burn with loading to the bottom of the door , I run my damper half way open I find that running it wide open burns way more wood. I was measuring stake temputure this is where I found the most efficient . Iam heating 3600 sq ft with two 14 ft over head doors , all in floor heat no over head or furnace . It will hit -40 here I will load 1/2 in am and a 3/4 load at night . I am extremely pleased with this 3444 heater it has never missed a beat . One other thing I did learn the first year was to have proper seasoned and DRY wood makes a big difference in how long a load will last . Wet or green wood will use over 30 % of the wood to dry it self out before it will start burning properly and making heat .

Vernn

Elguano

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: Bl3444
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2018, 07:21:39 PM »

Thx this is great info, I will give it try and keep u posted, and what kind of wood do you throw in there? What size of logs too? Splitted or round?

Revx1000

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: P/m
  • OWF Model: Ultimizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2018, 10:11:13 PM »

Popular for the most part  I use tamarack when really cold mixed with a few sticks of the popular.  The unsplit I cut to 38" long up to 12" in diameter anything larger is just to heavy !!! Then the large ends cut to 24" split in half or three . I find that the split ones do not last as long as the rounds due . So in fall and spring (warmer ) weather I used the split stuff . Again well seasoned and dry makes a huge difference to burn time as well as the fire box stays cleaner . I built a 50 ft wood shed which is full then in spring I load my pallets ,cover with osb on the top set out ready for fall . I built 13 8ft long x 42 deep x4 ft high crates from 1" sq tubing that I cover with a sheet of osb . Move them with bobcat works great for the 38 inch rounds  the 24 " I have pallets with sides and osb on top . We purchased 14 acres about 7 years ago all bush land  I cleared out about 1200 trees all popular to make the yard site . Still have about 3 years left of them !!!!   My take on the wood is to always be 2,3 years ahead of what I will burn in a season ,keep it covered and dry

Elguano

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: Bl3444
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2018, 05:10:24 PM »

We got about 80 Acres here that we have bought about 1.5 Yr Ago, but most of the wood is cedar and pine... I don't think it any good to burn, maybe mixed with something else, like I said, really a rookie at this whole Outside wood boiler stuff, still figuring out... But so far, really enjoying the free heat (well not exactly free, but when you compare to the 5K last year it costed in propane... this year it's almost free :)

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2018, 10:40:12 AM »

We got about 80 Acres here that we have bought about 1.5 Yr Ago, but most of the wood is cedar and pine... I don't think it any good to burn, maybe mixed with something else, like I said, really a rookie at this whole Outside wood boiler stuff, still figuring out... But so far, really enjoying the free heat (well not exactly free, but when you compare to the 5K last year it costed in propane... this year it's almost free :)

Depending on the species of pine, it's not THAT bad. Couple years ago I had a cord of white pine, mostly 6-10" rounds but still 30ish percent moisture and I swear the stuff lasted as well as oak. The sap was terrible but I didn't cut it, I took it on trade for something else lol. Had some green white cedar that did surprisingly well also. Now Poplar on the other hand isn't worth the gas to cut up IMO, I've got acres of it in my backyard and I won't bother blocking it anymore when they break off. They get pushed on a pile with the Bobcat and burned whole.
Pages: 1 2 [3]