Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Narrowing Down My Options  (Read 1717 times)

BenGrove

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF3000
    • View Profile
Narrowing Down My Options
« on: February 25, 2014, 03:07:34 PM »

So, as I research and creep on here, I believe I've narrowed my OWF to three options:
Heatmor 100CSS
Heatmaster 3000e
Woodmaster 3300

Now I know the dealer is very important, and the furthest any of these dealers are is about 45 miles.  How do I tell who is a good dealer?  And can anyone find any fault in my assumptions that these 3 OWF are a good purchase?
Thanks!
Ben

mtoll

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Narrowing Down My Options
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 05:49:20 PM »

BenGrove ,Heatmor has had a bad rap on the form lately, not to say its a bad OWB cant tell you much about Woodmaster but will say the Heatmaster make an excellent OWB my suggestion would be if you have all three in your area take a look at them see the OWB being used. I bet if the dealer is serious about selling you one he will find one working for you. Good Luck
Wife Rodeos, have 5 Barrel racing horses
Ride HD Road Glide
Vet  USN / USMC

cantoo

• OWF Brand: Western Pacific
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 06:15:34 PM »

There are many good choices out there, as long as they fit your requirements. My requirement was I will someday have a huge heat load so I needed a big unit ( no joke) with a big firebox. There was nothing available at the price I wanted to pay (cheap bastage I am) so I ended up buying a lightly used Pacific Western. So far it's been great and I'm happy I bought a big unit. Load times are long enough for my lifestyle and having enough heat is no problem.
 My nephew has a Heatmor and now that he's added heating a huge shop load to it he is saying that his wood consumption has gone way up. Unfortunately due to the size of the firebox he is having to reload often which is a problem as he works away from home most of the day. In a normal year a dual fuel unit would have been great but this year with the propane issue the cost of propane would have been unreal.
 As for a local dealer, my manufacturer is out of business. There are lots of local dealers for other units however their prices leave me driving 80 miles to a more reasonable guy. I would be more concerned about the features of the owb than the dealer location.

diesel-dodge

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: heatmore 200 ss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 06:53:39 PM »

I would agree that the heatmore will consume quit a bit of wood. I went from  a central 5036 to the heatmor 200 and ise prob a third more wood.
jason