Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Am I wasting my money?  (Read 1531 times)

BenGrove

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF3000
    • View Profile
Am I wasting my money?
« on: October 01, 2014, 05:46:50 AM »

So I got what I thought was an approximate price for everything I needed for the mf5000, which was $8000. I take out a loan for that exact amount and then my invoice is $9000.  My question is this: I would like the 5000 so I only load my furnace once a day, but my house is 2000 sq ft, so do I really need it? Would I be fine with the mf3000? I can't tell if I'm too stuck on the 5 and need to settle for the 3. I've also thought about moving brands and doing the woodmaster 4400 (which I could afford with my budget) bc is still heats the same amount as the 5000, but it doesn't have the grates/ ash pan which is a major selling point for me. Help please!

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
Re: Am I wasting my money?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 07:18:35 AM »

I guess it all depends on how well your house is insulated.  If it is insulated fairly well I would say it would be fine but I will let someone else give you a more accurate answer.  Why is the MF5000 9K???  You need to contact one of the Heatmaster dealers on this site and get a quote through them.  I bought mine from Scott. 
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

fryedaddy

• OWF Brand: Hicks Water Stove
  • OWF Model: 750 Gallon
    • View Profile
Re: Am I wasting my money?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 07:32:24 AM »

Ben,

Will you be having an additions in the future? I like the Heatmaster design, those grates look really nice and so does the fit & finish as well.

That ash auger on the Woodmaster looks like the ticket. Several people on here have that stove as well.

I guess Stainless vs. Boiler Plate steel would be a thought. I've seen many stoves with Boiler Plate last forever!!

Both look like great choices, I'll leave oversizing to the experts. I believe oversizing a stove is a no-no. I could lead up to
heavy moisture and creasote in your firebox.