Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Questions about hooking to pool  (Read 1373 times)

userdk

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnaces - Pineview Woodstoves
Questions about hooking to pool
« on: December 16, 2014, 10:20:30 PM »

1. How do you integrate a exchanger into a pool filter system? (keep debris out of exchanger)
2. How does salt or chlorine affect plate exchangers, or tube exchangers.
3. How do you decide what size of exchanger you need.
4. How do you hook it up electronically, with a Ranco? How about a mix valve?
5. Can a standard pump that comes with a pool filter system stand pushing it through the filter, and the exchanger?

lmann

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Classic
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about hooking to pool
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 10:35:57 PM »

I have my pool plumbing split on the return to run accessories such as fountains. One branches off and goes thru a 30 plate ex.  Was told to make sure it is made for pool chemicals.  No brass I believe. My pump pushes fine because most flows to the pool and only a little is branched off. I adjust temp with a ball valve to adjust flow.

Not sure it's all correct but it works for my setup. It'll drag the boiler under if I run it wide open so it's always dialed back.

LittleJohn

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 2400
  • Lonsdale, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 06:58:36 AM »

Never actaully hooked up to a pool, but from experience, you want to make sure water going back to OWB is at least 140F, any lower and condensation may begin to form and other bad stuff can happen.

ALSO rememeber, it will take ALOT of heat to get the pool up to temperature -> 1 BTU, is the energy it takes to heat 1lb of water by 1 degree F, and a gallon of water weighs about 8 lbs.  YOU CAN DO THE MATH...

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 03:30:19 PM »

I heat my pool no problem   I have a 10 plate ex  and a by pass that I made for like 10$ with pvc  I am heating a 24 ' above ground with about 15,000 gal of water .
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl