Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: heatmaster c series  (Read 9097 times)

rustyfry

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: heatmaster
  • OWF Model: g100
    • View Profile
heatmaster c series
« on: December 10, 2014, 02:08:26 PM »

hello
Does anyone know about the new c series coal boilers from heatmaster I was wanting to switch to coal only was looking at inside boilers until I seen these listed on there website but can't find out any specs on them like witch type of coal you can burn or if you can burn straight coal or if you half to mix with wood Thanks

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
Re: heatmaster c series
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 02:11:44 PM »

I don't know anything about the C series.  How do you like your G100?
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

AirForcePOL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 02:13:01 PM »

You should be able to burn just coal in the stove.  I have the option to do that in my MF series. 
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290

rustyfry

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 02:47:11 PM »

well the first winter was tough I think I got the first one they built I went through two draft motors and about mid jan the refractory in the second burn chamber started to fall apart and did I metion I don't have a back up heat source when the refractory started to fall apart I had trouble keeping it burning I work a 12 hour night shift came home to a cold house a lot but I knew there was going to be a learning curve to it and heatmaster was good about replacing the motors they even sent out a couples of techs over the summer to make updates to it my only complaint was the refractory I just got the new one 2 weeks ago I seen a rep at the paul buyan show ask about the refractory and he said they were building a new kilm and it would be up in running in a couple of weeks which that would have been fine with me except they had a new g100 sitting there if it was me I would have given the one out of it to a custumer that had been waiting as long as I have anyway I had an hardy H2 for 14 years went through about 10 to 12 cord and now I go through 5 to 6 but its a pain to cut firewood 16 inches on the money and you half to split it about the size of a 4x4 so less wood but more work it goes out sometimes when its in the 50s or 60s so you can't heat your dhw year round that's why I now have a hot water tank and new furnace

AirForcePOL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 07:47:48 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I haven't really heard much about them and there aren't too many people on the forum that have them.  Have you considered buying a MF series before the epa regs and having the option to burn wood and coal?
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290

rustyfry

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 10:40:57 PM »

yes my father bought a 5000he the same time I got the g100 he burns some coal in his at night with wood mixed in he gets about 14 to 15 hours out of it but I wanted to go to just straight coal I have read on other coal forums where guys have tried just coal and it didn't work unless they put a timer in the draft fan to keep the coal burning it requires more air during idle time than wood that's what I was trying to see if they added a timer on the c series also I wanted to burn ant. coal instead of bit coal witch has more btu's burns with very little smoke but its harder to keep it burning than bit coal which is what most people burn around here my fathers looks like a freight train when it fires up back to the g100 if I was going to stay with wood I would definitely stay with it its a little more work and planning but I couldn't stand how inefficient my hardy was don't get me wrong I only had to put one blower motor on in 14 years its a good brand I just didn't care for a 6 inch hole right above the fire  when my father switched from a H4 to the 5000he his wood usage went down too quit a bit not like the g100 but definitely worth the switch though I think I might call heatmaster direct since my local dealer doesn't know much about the c series I know someone told me that a dealer named yoder requested the c series so I was hoping he might have commented on this don't know if that was ture or not

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 05:40:14 AM »

You may try to e-mail or PM Scott7m.  I know he carries the new "C" line.  They are new and not every dealer can get them.  They are very simliar to the conventional "E" series.  However, they have an extra by-pass in the upper chamber and the firebox is more of an oval shape.  I believe the oval shape helps keep the wood/coal more confined over the shaker grates.  That's about all I know about that.
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

userdk

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnaces - Pineview Woodstoves
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 04:13:51 PM »

Scott7M would be your best bet

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 11:48:26 AM »

The C models are really not that very different than the MF models. Different size and shape of firebox is the main thing. The C modela and MF models both can burn wood or coal, the c model really isn't better at burning coal then the MF models.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 03:13:22 PM »

Yup they are similar construction wise to the end series but many things I do like  better.  Taller firebox, easier to load, higher door position, extra pass in the top, the divider in the top is removable and makes cleaning easier too.  I really like them and I'm getting ready to order a load of them.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

racnruss

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort gt-220 sold P&M Optimizer 250 sold now Heatmaster 10000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 08:26:58 AM »

Looked at Heatmasterss for info or pictures of C series, but nothing on there yet.

Scott, do you have any pictures of heat exchange area in new stoves? I'd like to see how they capture more heat.
Tree service Owner/Operator since 1997.  Central Iowa.

Mr. Maple

• OWF Brand: Empyre 450-sold,P&M BL 4044- sold,now Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 20000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 09:59:33 AM »

Here's the link, called Heatmaster to see if any plans in the works for a larger unit like say 10000 square feet
http://www.heatmasterfurnace.com/Cseries.html

Scott7m

• OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 12:54:46 PM »

That's not the heat master home page but rather a distributor

I've got 375c heating near 10k Sq ft

I think they are similar in output to the 10E in reality

The firebox is huge
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 03:17:46 PM »

Scott, what else did you hook up to your system? I thought you were only at like 1600 feet or so.
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

racnruss

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort gt-220 sold P&M Optimizer 250 sold now Heatmaster 10000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 10:32:24 PM »

thanks for the link Mr Maple.

I see the "improvement" by moving the chimney to the rear and adding a pass for heat exchange area.   The issue I see is the additional Pass is only a piece of metal separating the original Pass and dividing it into 2 passes.  But, it doesn't look like it hot gasses actually touch anymore metal that touches water.

I would really get excited about a stove that had a chimney surrounded by water that extended down into the firebox. (like a NC 275G) And then also had a smoke bypass above firebox similar to Heatmaster or P&M.  The obvious benefits would be trapping the hot gasses in the firebox instead of them just sliding out the top, and the added heat exchange area.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:34:36 PM by racnruss »
Tree service Owner/Operator since 1997.  Central Iowa.
Pages: [1] 2