Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: fire dosen't burn hot enough with door closed  (Read 15528 times)

ssr

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: fire dosen't burn hot enough with door closed
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2011, 07:40:28 PM »

i put plate on top of the grate under the chimeny already to try that still didn't make any diffrence for me.i tried plate all the way to the back and left a gap at the back for air to swirl.didn't work for me either.i tried blocking off some of the chimeny on top didn't work for me neither.ive almost pulled my hair out trying things.all i know when i open the door it rips.i do think it needs more air,or the aie redirected .from rear to front 

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 07:43:15 PM »

Hmmmm.....   The plate made no difference?  I donno...   
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2011, 07:44:15 PM »

Did the plate seal fairly well?
I would try packing the back half full of ashes under the grate and see what that does. You need to deflect the air up into the wood. It doesn't need to be at the back because it is traveling that way to get to the chimney.

If that doesn't work, try pulling the grate out completely and using without.

ssr

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2011, 07:44:55 PM »

i guess i could try to add on the stack and lower it more.closer to the plate

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2011, 07:46:04 PM »

Did the plate seal fairly well?
I would try packing the back half full of ashes under the grate and see what that does. You need to deflect the air up into the wood. It doesn't need to be at the back because it is traveling that way to get to the chimney.

If that doesn't work, try pulling the grate out completely and using without.

Maybe to many bars going across??? 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2011, 07:47:09 PM »

I forgot to ask, does the fan opening line up with the part under the grate? If you run the fan with the door open does it feel like it is blowing as much as it should?

It might help lowering the stack. You want the air to not have a direct path to the chimney before it goes through the fire.

ssr

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2011, 07:49:24 PM »

the opening for the fan is under grate level.anyone ever tried to run a pipe with holes in it pointing up under the fire

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2011, 07:54:37 PM »

What do you have for air shutoff?

ssr

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2011, 07:57:38 PM »

i got this thing insulated every were i can.its packed tight with it.i really spend some time on this project it looks nice but works like sh_t.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2011, 08:00:17 PM »

dont give up ssr...it  has to work..keep tinkering if you use the ideas offered here and they still dont work..well, you will be one step closer to finding the problem. stick to it
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

ssr

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2011, 08:02:50 PM »

i dont have a air shut off yet.i cant get it hot enough to shut it off.when i get the boiler hot with no pumps running.then i turn the pumps on.it takes a while for the fan to come back on because its got 350 gal of hot water in it,but when the fan comes back on the fire won't rip enough to get the water temp back up.even if i dont turn on all the valves in the floor heat.i know at start up it just takes a long time to get the water hot,cause i cant get the fire ripping.maybe i should fill it with hedge and coal,and burn it down.

ssr

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2011, 08:05:59 PM »

I DO WANT TO SAY I AM GREATFUL FOR EVERYONES INPUT ALOT OF THE STUFF I HAVE ALREADY TRIED ,ALOT OF US THINK ON THE SAME WAVE LENGTH. I JUST THINK IM MISSING A LITTLE SOMETHING OR A COULPE SOMETHINGS.THANKS  TO ALL THE REPLIES SO FAR

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2011, 08:08:44 PM »

i dont have a air shut off yet.i cant get it hot enough to shut it off.when i get the boiler hot with no pumps running.then i turn the pumps on.it takes a while for the fan to come back on because its got 350 gal of hot water in it,but when the fan comes back on the fire won't rip enough to get the water temp back up.even if i dont turn on all the valves in the floor heat.i know at start up it just takes a long time to get the water hot,cause i cant get the fire ripping.maybe i should fill it with hedge and coal,and burn it down.

Hedge and coal won't burn in it either......   No o2, no heat...   

The fan on your stove is kinda like a blower on your race car, more oxygen getting forced in verses natural aspiration, it gives your stove more power, more heat,  that's what were wanting
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

ssr

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2011, 08:13:16 PM »

I KNOW I WAS JUST KIDDING.BUT I DID THINK ABOUT A  BIGGER FAN THAT WOULD MOVE MORE VOLUME OF AIR AT A LOWER SPEED.IT SEEMS LIKE IM PRESSUREING THE BOILER WITH THIS FAN.IF I HAD A BIGGER INLET ON THE FAN THAT MIGHT HELP.I WOULDN'T THINK THAT IT SHOULD TAKE THAT MUCH CFM TO GET GET IT ROARING
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:15:15 PM by ssr »

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2011, 08:21:08 PM »

here is something you might consider..i am no expert on this air volume and chimney thing bu there goes....(i may ever try this on my stove asi have an 8 inch flue) 

if you made your chimney the same size as your blower inlet do the air may get to the coals?

i know i read somewhere on line that a fire place should have a 6 inch round chimney to allow for good draft and small enough to keep the chimney warm to prevent crosete build up

i wonder if because we are using forced air to feed the fire if we could get by with say a chimney openingn that was just slightly bigger than the blower inlet?

i may throw a piece of plate over my chimney and "choke" it down a bit just to try it this weekend, it may save some wood?
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5